Christmas Theme Bulletin Boards

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by blondierox4u, Nov 28, 2006.

1. blondierox4u

blondierox4u Rookie

Nov 28, 2006

I have a huge classroom, I am a first year teacher with not a lot of money to spend on my classroom. I want some clever sayings to go with the classic Christmas themes....like if I had a christmas tree made out of large green paper and had the kids make ornaments...and stick box presents under it....what would be a good saying............or just any good ideas to create a bulletin board a cheap and fun way to get the kids involved????

3. amyt682

amyt682 Comrade

Nov 29, 2006

my kids write a scripture about the birth of Jesus and illustrate it, then I put a black piece of paper shaped like a cathedral window around it as a frame and tack it to the wall in the hallway...my christmas tree is made by them tracing their hands on green construcion paper then cutting it out and I then layer the hands on top of each other to form a tree and the kids will make ornaments and presents to decorate...I also have a bb set nativity scene

4. kinderkidz

kinderkidz Rookie

Nov 29, 2006

I love to get the students involved. I used the ellison machine to make a christmas border. Then, I had the kids trace their hands on white, red, and black paper. After they cut it out, use the hands to make a Santa claus. I used red bulletin board paper to make a fire place. They made stockings to hang on it today. You could also have the students cut out green hands to make a christmas tree. Wall paper scraps make great presents under the tree! I hope this makes sense. I've had a crazy day :) I have a photo if you want to see how it turned out.

5. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Nov 30, 2006

I don't have a Christmas theme bulletin board.. but I teach public school..

The Spanish teachers in my school do Feliz Navidad bulletin boards, but they are researching CULTURAL issues that deal with Spanish speaking people..

My bulletin boards (respectively) are:

Winter in Narnia (Narnia bulletin board set with snowy trees and snowflakes)

the other has snowflakes (three really large ones) and says, "Warm Wishes". I got the snowflakes at a party/craft store near me for less than $1 each.