Christmas Presents for Parents

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ArizonaTeacher, Nov 14, 2006.

1. mouseketeer45

mouseketeer45 New Member

Dec 9, 2006

I really like your idea. What is the cinnamon/apple sauce mixture? Do you have a recipe you could share? Also, what makes it last so long?

2. MissWilliams

MissWilliams Rookie

Dec 10, 2006

Mouseketeer45--There are several versions of this recipe out there--I found it in a teaching book years ago. There's a good webpage for different recipes here: http://www.handmadecountry.com/ezine/cinnamon.html

When I made them, I used the glue. It lasts so long because if it's done correctly, it hardens well & is preserved.
    :)

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 10, 2006

Thank you. I had forgotten all about these. I woke up trying to decide upon a great craft for tomorrow. This is it!

4. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 10, 2006

I made the applesauce cinnamon ornaments last year. They were wonderful and very easy. I baked them and my classroom smelled like cinnamon for about 3 weeks --mmmm. We decorated with the craft paint that you get in a tube. The paint had glitter in it and the kids decorated their ornaments like they would a cookie. I did limit how much paint they could use and they pretty well just outlined their ornament. The students who did not have a Christmas tree used my non-Christmas cookie cutters. I made a hole in the top of it before I baked them and I tied a ribbon through the hole.
    The ornaments last forever and I still have about 10 of them hanging in closets....

5. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Dec 12, 2006

I ALWAYS do something with a photo, cause those are my favorites of my children's handmade ornaments. This year they painted red and green popsicle sticks and layered them. Then glued on red, green and white buttons and white wooden snowflakes/angels/stockings/stars. Look cute. Im hoping to find some clear finish with glitter. I took pictures of them with a Santa hat under our Christmas Tree.
    One year I made snowglobes with babyfood jars. Do an internet search, there's lots of easy directions. That was the most ambitious I've gotten. :O) Happy Holidays!