Christmas Present for Parents

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cml88, Dec 9, 2012.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

Dec 9, 2012

I know, I know...we've seen this post many times...But I really need a fun idea. I usually do salt dough ornaments, and they are great. Very easy to make, cheap, and the kids LOVE them! Here's my problem...ALL of my kiddos go on the bus this year...and I know these things will never make it home in one piece. So what are you doing with you kids to give to their parents? I would like to do some kind of an ornament...maybe even with their picture on it. Any ideas? Any pics to share?

3. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Dec 9, 2012

Have you looked at pinterest? Check there for some cute ideas. I'm going to do reindeer thumb prints on bulbs. I've seen plastic ornaments at Michaels.

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 9, 2012

Salt dough ornaments are quite unbreakable, as are the cinnamon ornaments.
    We are making reindeer ornaments out of felt this year.
    Handprint Santas on white felt or tagboard are cute. Pinterest has some awesome ideas.

5. cml88

cml88 Companion

Dec 9, 2012

Yes, pinterest has amazing ideas! However, I have a difficult time searching for "Christmas presents for parents" I always get a bunch of store bought items...what do you type in the search box to find school made gifts?

6. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Dec 9, 2012

We make "snowman soup" - essentially hot chocolate powder and marshmallows in a ziploc bag with a cute poem attached.

7. msaly

msaly Comrade

Dec 9, 2012

I have the kids make calendars for the parents. I use these http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pr...<>ast_id=1408474395181113&bmUID=1355085121029

I also make cinnamon applesauce ornaments with glitter (add some tacky glue into the dough, it will help keep them from breaking).
    I have the kids wrap their gifts to their parents. You could have them wrap a piece of bubble wrap around them before wrapping in wrapping paper- then they should make it home with your bus riders.

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 9, 2012

Go to Pinterest and type in "Christmas Kids" in the search. The page will give many sites to click on.

9. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Dec 9, 2012

While decorating the tree, I found a little clothespin reindeer I apparently made in kinder. Two big clothespins glued together and another one glued upside down to the side, and I drew a "face" on him. I'm guessing someone else attached the felt and ribbon to make him an ornament.

In other news, I think these are the cutest, relatively cheap presents for elementary kids: Reindeer Food

10. cml88

cml88 Companion

Dec 9, 2012

msaly! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love your idea of making multiple ornaments! I'm definitely going to choose a few and do them! thanks!

11. melnm

melnm Companion

Dec 9, 2012

I decided to do the salt dough ornaments this year. Such cute ideas on pinterest! For those of you that do them, do you let the kids mix the dough or do you do it ahead of time? I'd like to get the kids to help, but not sure how to get them to all do it at once.