Christmas Party?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by TeacherSandra, Dec 11, 2007.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2007

Just curious if any of you are having a Christmas party and what will you be doing?

3. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Dec 11, 2007

We will, but not until the 21st :( Here is a link to the holiday page on my website where I explain our party details: Vanna's Holiday Page

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 11, 2007

Eating and opening gifts. I'll throw in a game or two if time permits.

5. zawa

zawa Rookie

Dec 12, 2007

We are having a party. As the kids are just 1, the party isn't very complicated. We are having the parents bring in items from our nut allergy-free list (cheese, fruit, bread, etc) for the kids to eat. We've asked for a parent or parents to come up with an activity for the kids to do. And I think we are doing a gift exchange with each person bringing in a $10 gift. The party will go a little something like this:

Parents wander in while kids are eating snacks and sit down with them. Kids get present and open them. A couple of kids show vague interest in whatever activity we come up with for them to do at the party. Most parents take their kid home with them then, which means we actually get a chance to get the room cleaned well before leaving for Christmas.

6. teacherkerry

teacherkerry Rookie

Dec 12, 2007

We will have our party this Sunday since we are a Parent Participation Preschool. All family members are invited. The children will sing a few songs, we will have 2 or 3 craft tables set up and face painting. All the parents will bring food for our pot luck lunch and then Santa will come to distribute presents(books) parents ordered through Scholastic. 2 hours max then the parents will clean up.

7. monica

monica Comrade

Dec 12, 2007

We had a Gingerbread Day with Gingerbread Centers on Monday. It was almost like a party itself, so much fun! Parents volunteered and we had centers set up in rooms of classes that weren't at school that day.

But...our "official" party is next Thursday. All 120 of our four year olds have a program together in our gym. Then we return to our room for a party. Earlier in the day we'll do a book exchange, too chaotic to do it with parents in the room too. I will let them unwrap the books I am getting them before the party too. We'll make some sort of snack out of oreo's, my parents are in charge and I don't know what they're up to. They are going to make bead & jingle bell bracelets on pipe cleaners. Easy, no mess craft. And we're playing pin the nose on Rudolph. That's all folks!

8. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Dec 12, 2007

We are having one on the 21st starting at noon. We're doing a pizza party. :) Then we have a gift exchange. Then rest time and go home!

9. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 12, 2007

We're not really doing a party... we're open every day except Christmas Day itself, so when do ya do it?... I've had several parents ask if they can send treats, and we told them that they're welcome to send stuff that the kids can take HOME with them. They're too crazy hyped with knowing that Christmas is near and MANY of them aren't coming to school for a week or two... we're doing "fun" center crafts that day... reindeer headbands and Santa faces... and that will be plenty of excitement.

Besides... I'm leaving early that day to see bf in a concert, so I'd miss anything major, and that would be NO FUN!!!

10. msaly

msaly Comrade

Dec 13, 2007

we are having a party.. polar express day. The kids will come in pj's, have hot(warm) chocolate and cookies while I read the polar express book, then during circle time they will all get a ticket and the bell from santa. Then we will be doing a reindeer craft, and they will receive their presents from me.

11. sdj284

sdj284 Rookie

Dec 19, 2007

This week has been a party! Monday was pj day and polar express. We watched part of the movie and had warm cocoa and cookies. Tues we had a birthday party and today we had our Christmas Party. The parents came we sang a few things then gave out gifts we made, had food and played a game. It has been very fun but I'm ready for a few days off!

12. love2teachk

love2teachk Companion

Dec 19, 2007

Already did it-last Friday. Kids are more calm having it done. We did pinata (bags were premade so no crazy knockdowns) and little debbie snack cakes during a movie. Tomorrow is pajama day for Polar Express and Hot chocolate. Friday is a HALFDAY!!!

13. charmed3

charmed3 Rookie

Dec 20, 2007

We had our little concert last Friday and tomorrow Santa is coming to visit. We'll have our book exchange, play some games and watch a Christmas movie. The kids have been busy this week finishing up their presents for their parents. I think I'm glad we're closed Christmas Eve this year!

14. scarlet_begonia

scarlet_begonia Comrade

Dec 20, 2007

Our center has an Open House every year on the day before break. I hate it because the kids don't take a nap that day; we have all our activities when the kids usually nap. So I don't get a break that day AND I have to plan extra stuff to do. Our normal routine lessons PLUS things to do during the Open House. The point of it is to get the parents in and then take their kids home early but almost no kids go home early.

15. coffee-queen

coffee-queen Rookie

Dec 21, 2007

we played a really fun game that my kids loved! each kid cut out a red circular rudolph nose. we stuck the noses on the kids noses with vaseline, and had relay races. when the noses fell off, they had to come back and get more 'grease' as they called it. they absolutely loved it.

16. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 21, 2007

We had ours last week. It was at a local catering hall.

Spouses were invited (although Peter had his school's on the same night so we went separately.)

Full cocktail hour with 3 stations and butler service.
    Open bar
    Buffet dinner
    Coffee and dessert.

It was lovely, and I had a great time!