Christmas List

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Beth2004, Nov 2, 2005.

1. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 15, 2005

I made my balls....I mean, meatballs without the eggs tonight and they turned out awesome. I used savory herbs stovetop stuffing in it and made gravy...yum! The hubby even finished them off. When he does that, then I know I did good:).

I just thought of something else I need for Christmas...I need a garlic press...the one from Pampered Chef in great. I'm tired of peeling garlic and making my fingers smell...yuck!

2. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Nov 15, 2005

Oh, I love my pampered chef garlic press..........I cook with lots of garlic and get so much use out of it!!! You gotta get it, Jen!!!!!!!

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 15, 2005

I'd love one of those too. I also cook with lots of garlic and I having to wash my hands 20 times to get rid of the smell!

4. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 16, 2005

I use to never use garlic...them I started staying home with the kids here and now cook with it all the time. Oh, and the garlic makes your fingers so smelly too...peew! A friend of mine sells PC so if I don't get one for Christmas, I'll probably buy one myself after the holidays...if I can wait that long;).

5. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Nov 16, 2005

There is a way to take that garlic smell off of you hands.........it slips my memory now, but I think it may be to squeeze lemon juice and rub that into your hands.........but not sure if that is right. I just saw that tip on the Food Network recently............hopefully I will remember! (alright, Jen..........no jokes about the memory going because of my age! )

6. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 16, 2005

I heard that you rub your hands on stainless stele to get rid of the smell, but I got some soap from bath and body works that is blue and is called juniper breeze, it takes all the yucky smell off.

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 16, 2005

I just wear gloves. But I also heard of the lemon trick for onions so I bet it works for garlic as well.

8. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Nov 16, 2005

ABall mentioned the stainless steel - I remember reading once that you can just rub your hands on your stainless steel sink and the smell will disappear. I've never tried it though!

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Nov 16, 2005

I think that is the one I was thinking of!!! I heard that on some food network show recently.........it must work, but I've never tried it!!! It may have been on Rache Ray's show.....30 minute meals.

10. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Nov 16, 2005

Well, I am weird. I like the smell of garlic...so I know for sure I am not a vampire...as for the rest of you?!

11. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 16, 2005

I like the smell of garlic and love it in my food, but I just really hate it when I can still smell the garlic on my hands hours after I've finished cooking and eating.

12. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Nov 16, 2005

I have a mini fridge in my dorm room, and I keep a jar of garlic to put in my salsa, but the smell makes my water taste funny. I tried a box of baking soda, it helped a little but not enough...I love garlic though, my family gets mad when I try and cook for them, lol ;)

13. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 17, 2005

When I first read that I read you put garlic in your soda. I was like NOW that is WEIRD. LOL. Then I reread and realized it said salsa. Not sure if my eyes skipped down to the next line to get soda or if I came up with that all on my own.