Christmas List

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Beth2004, Nov 2, 2005.

1. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 3, 2005

You better tell him what scent from B&B, and cut out pictures of sweaters you want!

2. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 3, 2005

Haha...no kidding, huh? I told him that I want more of the Vanilla Bean Noel that I have from Bath and Body..it's one of their holiday scents and smells just like sugar cookies! It smells soooo yummy!
    He's pretty good with clothes, though I must say. He dresses really well (I must admit, that's one of the things that first attracted me to him :) ) and he's really good at picking out things that I would like.

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 3, 2005

Jenn, I would love to see you walk with heels on boots that go up to your knees?

Just teasing I wanted hooker boots when I was younger.

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 3, 2005

Don't get them they don't work and rip easily.

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 3, 2005

Oh that is a good thing.

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 3, 2005

For x-mas I would love diamond earrings to go with my necklace from last x-mas.

But I'll pass on those and take something smaller if he gets me a engagement ring. I don't want is as an x-mas gift, or on v-day or New years eve. I want to get engaged on our own special day.
    Oh and I would love to find a teaching postion and buy a house so money would be nice from family members. lol

7. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 3, 2005

Diamond earrings would me nice. My boyfriend is running out of jewelry he can get me. The past years he's gotten me jewelry. In 2002 he got me a hear-shaped pendant necklace with diamonds, in 2003 he got me a ring that matches and then last year he got me another ring from that same "line." So, he's running out of options! haha

8. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 3, 2005

Just to clarify, I don't want any boots that look skanky. I just couldn't think of a better term. I want chunky heeled ones that can go with dresses or skirts.

9. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 3, 2005

I know what kind you mean. They look really nice with skirts.

10. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Nov 3, 2005

My List:
    Cashmere sweater (I ask every year but never get it :( )
    tickets to a show in NYC
    jewelry is always good choice:)
    jeans
    shoes
    My birthday is in December so I a lot of times I get gypped (sp?)

11. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Nov 3, 2005

Yes, and as soon as my cat stepped on them they were no good! :(

12. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 4, 2005

I know what you mean. I just was giving you a hard time.

13. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 4, 2005

My father's birthday is Dec 23, my step father's is Dec 24. I always get them a x-mas and a birthday present.

14. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 4, 2005

I have a friend whose birthday is on Christmas. We don't exchange gifts anymore, but I always got her a gift for each. Every year when I call her on Christmas I always make sure to say happy birthday to her before I wish her a merry christmas. :)

15. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 4, 2005

My uncles b-day is Christmas as well. Kind of stunk for him as a little kid. Luckily mine is in March.

16. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 4, 2005

It must stink to be a x-mas baby. Or a right around x-mas baby. Roger says he never even had a cake.

17. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Nov 4, 2005

This Christmas I am BROKE, so I'd really like money, but I know that sounds wrong. I could really use a BIG skillet, I have two medium ones, but when I cook a dish that goes all in one skillet I have to be really careful. Or else just dump it in a big pot. I could also use some heavy duty mixing bowls. Just practical stuff for me this year, that I need, but can't really afford right now. Jewelry's always nice too, lol.

18. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 4, 2005

If anyone needs recommendations on cookware, I would highly recommend Wolfgang Puck's cookware collection. IT IS AWESOME! I got mine for Christmas last year and it is one of the best things I've recieved. I use them everyday, and it's not TOO pricy for higher end stuff.

19. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Nov 4, 2005

My bday is early December but a lot of times my gifts get combined and I hate it. Everyone is always busy in December too so it is hard to get my family and friends together. Oh well

20. gigi

gigi Groupie

Nov 4, 2005

My hubby wants a list. So it has the usual, perfume, and of course socks. One year my Christmas stocking was full of SOCKS!! I do not put that on the list anymore!

21. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 4, 2005

I asked for socks too! I desperately need them!

22. gigi

gigi Groupie

Nov 4, 2005

I would like tickets to see Phantom of the Opera, and the Trans-Syberian Orchestra. A limo ride to both would be nice.

23. MamaOfCalvin

MamaOfCalvin Rookie

Nov 4, 2005

I would like a digital camera. (Pathetic isn't it? 2005 and no digital camera?!) Movie tickets, and a babysitting coupon to go with them! (From both grandmas.) "Ella Enchanted", "Holiday Inn", "It's A Wonderful Life" on DVD. Gardening clogs. A facial or a massage. (Ditto to whoever posted about husband trying to massage but...not so good.) :rolleyes: I love lots of little presents rather than one expensive present. (I will probably have to save up for the camera on my own!) How many of you shop on the day after Thanksgiving? My sister-in-law moved here from Iowa and introduced it to me. (In California.) I never knew people did this. Her whole family goes in Iowa! We have gone for three straight years now here in CA. I love it! (Yes, even getting up at 4:00 a.m. Anything for a deal...) Only 21 days until shopping! :)

24. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 4, 2005

I NEVER go shopping the day after Thanksgiving! I went to NYC one year and it was insane! haha....Now I just try to stay home. Last year my boyfriend stood outside a store allll night long to get a coupon for a cheap computer. I told him he was crazy. :)

25. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2005

Kinder gave me a great idea for a Christmas gift for me....Gilligan's Island DVD's!

26. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 4, 2005

Don't feel bad, we don't have one either. That will come after we get a better computer.

27. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 4, 2005

Have you caught anything on fire in the pot yet? I did that with spaghetti sauce. I have Tools of the Trade. Pots great even after the little fire in the pot.
    AND KINDERS don't say anything about my cooking.

28. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Nov 4, 2005

not saying a word..............my lips are sealed...........no way, not saying anything about your cooking skills, nope, not a word, nothing, nadda, hush, hush about the whole thing........not getting me to talk, oh no. don't even try...........zipped my lips and threw away the key. nope, not saying a word!!!!!!!

29. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 4, 2005

I just turned on the wrong burner when I was trying to boil water is all. And the sauce caught on fire BIG FLAMES coming out of the pot.

Thank goodness I have Alice now.

30. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Nov 4, 2005

I wish I had an Alice!!!!!!!! Can you send her to Wisconsin???? I have a room for her!

31. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Nov 4, 2005

I did that once...and the burner I turned on had a glass 8X8 pan "cooling" on it...did you know they explode when they are on a hot burner? They do...loudly. I just about had a heart attack! Luckily I had stepped into the living room when it exploded so I didn't get hit by the glass. It flew all the way across the kitchen. It was a horrible mess!

32. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 4, 2005

Right after Christmas is over, my boyfriend's birthday is on New Year's Day & mine is January 16th. Then we all have Valentine's Day to look forward to. So much fanfare all at once!

33. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 5, 2005

Yes I knew Christy. Ok fine I'll tell you all why. I can just see Kinders going well how the heck did you know that. It's because I again turned on the wrong burner at Alice's house (her name really isn't Alice btw that is just what Kinders calls her). Anyway there was a plate on the stove and it explode. not as bad as your Christy thank goodness.

34. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Nov 5, 2005

My aunt is trying to get us tickets to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra this month. I hope she is able to. She's that aunt that is always able to get cool stuff like that.

35. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Nov 5, 2005

I haven't blown any stuff up in the kitchen, yet. But I did turn on my stove burner, didn't realize it was the wrong one with the burner cover still on it, until it started smoking, it blackened and ruined it, and I threw it in the sink under running water. Although I did catch a dish towel on fire when I was 10. Again, the sink saved the day, lol.

36. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 5, 2005

I would looove a new cookware set! The stuff I had right now is junk. It's all of my stepmother's old stuff. When her and my father separated she took all of the really good stuff and now I'm stuck with all of the leftovers! haha That stuff can get expensive, though. I'll have to buy one pot or pan at a time!

37. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 5, 2005

I have such a long list and I know I won't get a single thing! I want new floors since the house we bought this past summer has rust carpet that looks pink whenever bright light is on. Yuck.

I want new curtains for all the rooms. I have some windows covered with old curtains from the old house but most don't fit. I've ordered shades for the bedrooms, but right now until they come in, the master bedroom I have black posterboard on the windows since hubby likes a cave bedroom. We live in the country so no neighbors are affected by our hillbilly "window treatments." I'd even take a sewing machine for Christmas so I could make all the curtains.

And...I'd like some new dishes, silverware, a new microwave, my closet fitted with neat storage stuff, new clothes, a cross necklace, and perfume.

Most of all, I'd like my husband to paint our bedroom. I painted it this summer, but he wanted to use the two tone paint technique over what I painted and decided when he was almost finished that he didn't like it. It's a good thing I love him!!!!

38. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 5, 2005

Christy, I didn't know that could happen to glass stuff. I'm glad you weren't hurt.

39. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 5, 2005

Go to Macy's. They have great sales on their sets. Tools of the Trade is the house brand I think.

40. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 5, 2005

Nope, not yet.:)