Christmas gifts

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by corderos3, Oct 17, 2009.

1. corderos3

corderos3 Rookie

Oct 17, 2009

Any ideas on what to have the students make for their parents' Christmas present? I was thinking of something with a cork board and picture...???

3. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Oct 17, 2009

When dd was in 2nd grade, the teacher bought a couple of puzzles at a garage sale. They painted the backs of the pieces green and red. They took a picture of each kid and printed it out from the computer. They used the puzzle pieces to make a picture frame that looks like a wreath. They used several thicknesses of pieces so it was really sturdy. The back was signed and dated by the student. I really love those presents that show how the kids have grown and keep everything with pictures on it so we loved these.

4. PinkFish

PinkFish Rookie

Oct 20, 2009

You should check out oriental trading. They have some very cute winter crafts that would making great presents for parents. I'm still trying to decide which one I want to do with my kids this year :)

5. ~Nic~

~Nic~ Rookie

Oct 20, 2009

As a parent, I always like the things with their pictures. :)

6. danielle.harold

danielle.harold Rookie

Oct 21, 2009

Parents always enjoy things with their child's picture on it. Therefor you can have the children make Christmas oranments. Or make other winter decorations for thier parents or the whole family.

7. kim@kto5

kim@kto5 Rookie

Oct 30, 2009

I like the idea of handmade ornaments for the tree, but keep it simple. The ornament can be a Christmas shape cut out of cardboard (or maybe even recycled cereal boxes), then decorate with markers and glitter glue. For more color, they can use construction paper to glue over the cardboard. A hole puncher comes in handy along with some ribbon so a loop can be made, so it's all ready to hang on the tree. Kids love to see their artwork on the tree!

8. tgim

tgim Habitué

Oct 30, 2009

Check out the ideas at Family Fun - they usually have several easy and inexpensive crafty ornament ideas...

9. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Oct 30, 2009

The good old reindeer with the antlers made of handprints is always a BIG hit! :D A footprint is used for the face.
    Rebel1

10. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Oct 30, 2009

Keep them original! I hate cookie cutter stuff. Give them the materials..and a few different examples to get started and let them go to town. I always prefer the original over the cookie cutter.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2009

We make a family traditions cookbook as part of our study of family traditions and celebrations. I type all the recipes, the kids illustrate. Always some great recipes!!