Christmas gifts for students?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by LvToyFoxTerrier, Nov 16, 2009.

1. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Nov 16, 2009

Do you give Christmas gifts to your students and if so, what do you give them? Looking for inexpensive ideas to give my students. Thanks!

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 16, 2009

I used to give them books.

4. skyone

skyone Rookie

Nov 16, 2009

We use our points from scholastic and get the $1 books. We wrap them and give them to the students the day before Christmas break begins.

5. missnaebay

missnaebay Rookie

Nov 16, 2009

we give them a small like party bag and we give it to them at our holiday program...it has whistles candy etc....

Then we have santa come in and we give out the gifts we purchase...99 cent store is fabulous for this stuff

6. msj

msj Companion

Nov 17, 2009

I also get books from scholastic with points. I "read" the books and record myself on the computer just like I would in the class (Look at cover, make predictions, draw attention to detail, ask questions at end, etc.). I then burn copies on CD's and give them to the students with the books.

7. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Nov 17, 2009

my director buys a book for each child in the center. I usually make a small stocking that they can hang on the Christmas tree. I write their name on it and put a couple of small items in it--- things that come several in a package from the party aisle

8. amethyst

amethyst Companion

Nov 17, 2009

Dollar store!!

I think some years I gave a Christmas activity pad with a pencil and some years I gave a little Christmas goody bag with stickers, erasers, pencils and that sort of thing in it.

9. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Nov 18, 2009

Last year I didn't get around to ordering books in time for Christmas, so I made goodie bags. I found some tiny cookie cutters at MIchael's for a really good price, so I bought enough of those to give each kid 1-2 along with some homemade playdough. I also did a candy cane and a shimmery pencil. The kids loved it, and it came out to under $1/kid.

10. missnaebay

missnaebay Rookie

Nov 18, 2009

this is a great idea i have to try this

11. Oboemom

Oboemom Rookie

Nov 22, 2009

I just did my holiday shopping yesterday - Dollar Store is a wonderful place. I bought little cellophane bags (goodie bags) along with holiday pencils, erasers, little activity books and mini candy canes. I will hunt down some stickers and if I can't find them, Dollar Store had some little puzzles, two to a package that I will split up and give one each.

12. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Nov 28, 2009

When I worked at a private child care center we would schedule a field trip to McDonalds the day before Christmas break. We would get a quick tour, play in the play area, and my assistant and I split the cost of a happy meal for each child. I would also use my scholastic bonus points to get each child a book.

I still get each child a book, but now I also order an ornament from oriential trading that I personalize.

13. Miller59

Miller59 Companion

Nov 29, 2009

This year I put together photo albums for each child. I only have 7 students so I felt I cold spend a little more. The albums came from Big Lots and were less than $1.00. I spent about $20.00 on the photos for the whole class. I don't know if I'll also put something like a candy cane or pencil in the gift bag too.

14. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Nov 29, 2009

Msj - what a good idea. I could easily do this for my students. What a good idea!

15. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Nov 29, 2009

We don't do gifts for our children, but the children do make gifts for their parents.

16. twoa

twoa New Member

Dec 13, 2009

Does anyone have a Christmas poem I can give my students?

17. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Dec 13, 2009

I was looking through some of my craft items (personal at home) today and found some miniature stockings I bought last year AFTER Christmas on clearance for about 10 Cents each. I am going to put the child's name on it with glitter glue and sew a ring or ribbon on it so it can be hung on the tree. Then I will put a few little things in it like pencil, eraser, a candy cane etc--- I will wrap them up and give them to them for Christmas. The center also got them each a Christmas Story book, that I will wrap and give.

18. elliemay

elliemay Rookie

Dec 14, 2009

I usually give a book from Scholastic also. This year I am also giving them a "stationary kit" I got after Christmas last year from The School Box. I also purchased Christmas plastic cups from Walgreens when they had them on a coupon earlier this month for 8/$1. Not sure how I'm packaging yet--of course our last day is this Thursday.

19. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Dec 14, 2009

Our director is giving each child a book. Teachers are not allowed to give anything to their class UNLESS every teacher gives the same thing to their classes. So, of course, we end up doing nothing becuase no one can agree on what to do.

20. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2009

What kind of a poem are you looking for Twoa? A gift-giving poem? or what?