Christmas gifts for students

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by in the loop, Dec 16, 2002.

1. in the loop

in the loop Rookie

Dec 16, 2002

I am trying to think of something creative (and cheap!) to give my 2nd graders for Christmas. I looped with my class and gave them books and pencils last year and would like to give something new this year. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!!!

3. Maxine

Maxine Companion

Dec 16, 2002

Christmas gifts

Dear teacher,
    If you have the time & inclination, take their individual class pictures and make a frame from popsicle sticks glued together and spray painted silver or gold. The dimensions of the frame could include construction paper matting to expand the image space or you can adjust the sticks to overlap on the outside in order to enclose the small picture alone. Spray-on polyurethene will preserve the whole thing. For less than $10 and a few hours of gluing and spraying, you're golden(or silver!) with the parents. Plan one evening to set up the frames with white or blue gel glue. You can spray paint the frames before they dry! The next evening you can glue the pictures onto the backs of the frames, cover with a square of const. paper, and spray the whole thing with polyurethane (be sure to ventilate!)
    Not bad for two cans of spray paint and some popsicle sticks. Have fun! ;) maxine

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 17, 2002

5. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Dec 17, 2002

trivet PRE K can do also

Popscicle sticks with three holes in it and fishing line. Bead on string, then stick, alternate.
    Thus it creates a trivet. SSSSOOOOOO easy and a great fine motor skill activity. need more details, let me know. ruth

6. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Dec 18, 2002

snowman soup

The snowman soup is such an awesome idea!!! My class made paper snowmen for our penpals yesterday and when I saw this I know it was the perfect thing to send along with them!!!

Thanks, gerbigc, for the idea!!!!!:D

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 18, 2002

Glad you liked the snowman soup idea! I personally like the 'winter themes': Snow, snowmen, sledding as opposed to holidays- Keeps you safe from 'offending' anyone!!

8. in the loop

in the loop Rookie

Dec 18, 2002

Thanks everyone

Thanks for the suggestions! I decided to make the Snowman Soup and a tree ornament to give them. We are also going to give snowman soup to our housekeeper and principals.:D

9. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Dec 18, 2002

Hey, 'in the loop' -- I just wanted to say I love your username! :D