Christmas book activities

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by TeachtheWorld, Dec 5, 2011.

1. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Dec 5, 2011

I'm looking for Christmas themed books and activities to go with them. I have already read, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and we made Grinch door knob holders. We will be reading The Polar Express and making hot chocolate. Things like this are what I am looking for.

3. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Dec 5, 2011

We read "The Night Tree" (or something similar) and made a 3D christmas tree today.

I don't know if there is a book, but we are also going to discuss christmas cards and make our own.

Friday we will read a book about ornaments, if I can find one, and make our own ornaments for my classroom tree.

4. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Dec 6, 2011

We read The Gingerbread Man and at the end a mysterious note falls out. We read it and it is from the gingerbread man saying he never got eaten and for the students to please write a different ending that explains how he escaped.

Afterwards I give everyone a gingerbread man. I tell them to take one bite and then set it down. Then we graph on which part of the body they ate first (head, right hand, left hand, feet...)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. juli233

juli233 Companion

Dec 20, 2011

we did the gingerbread man idea at the begining of Kindergaten this year and the kids took a trip around the school looking for him(all the while they were getting a tour of the school without them even knowing)
    Also the Mitten by Jan Brett, It's more winter than Christmas but it has some great activities that go with it online.