Choosing References

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Jan 19, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Jan 19, 2009

Ok so I'm not sure who to use for my references. I know I'm going to use my student teaching CT (2nd grade) for one reference and then the 4th grade teacher I work w/as an aide every day. But here are my options for my other references. Who would be best? What order would you use them (In case I need four references).

Candidate A- Principal at school I'm currently working at. Has giving me a good evaluation recently and is pleased with my work. However hasn't seen me in action as much as some of the others.

Candidate B- College Supervisor for ST. She came in 5 or 6 times to watch me teach. Also gave me 1/2 of my final grade. Worked w/her last Jan-May but she should still be a valuable reference I would assume.

Candidate C- My supervisor at the YMCA (summer day camp). I worked for her the past 2 summers and maybe this summer as well. I also subbed a lot for her when they were desperate for people in their after school program.

Candidate D- One of my college field experiences cooperating teacher. She was amazing and I spend 3 days a week in her 1st grade classroom. I also did a unit w/her class last fall. I keep in touch with her occasionally and ask her questions. She is very helpful as well.

So should I put down 1st after the 2 I already mentioned. 2nd?

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 19, 2009

I would definitely use Candidate C because they have seen you directly interacting with the kids. I would also use Candidate A because the principal is current. I don't think the order matters.

4. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Jan 20, 2009

I totally agree.

5. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jan 20, 2009

My professors told us to use:

One professor
    Our CT
    and our university supervisor

6. TampaTeacher2Be

TampaTeacher2Be Comrade

Jan 21, 2009

If you have multiple references, I would go ahead and list them all! Especially if you have LORs from all of them - if you've got them, flaunt them!