Chipotle

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Jul 2, 2013.

1. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jul 3, 2013

Yum. We live down the street from Chipotle and don't go there super frequently, but we do like it. :) I love the tortilla chips - they've got just a hint of lime flavor - and the rice. :)

2. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 4, 2013

Why? The ones around me are so busy, they sometimes run out of a certain meat and you have to wait while they cook more.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 4, 2013

Chipotle sounds like Moes to me...at least the menu is similar...been to Moes for lunch during school...

4. a2z

a2z Maven

Jul 4, 2013

The menu is similar, but I don't like the taste of Moe's food. I like the rice at Chipotle much better. Moe's seems to be a "dirty rice", spiced with something that gives it a brown color. Chipotle is spiced with lime juice (I think), fresh cilantro, and what else, I don't know. I find it to be a fresher, cleaner taste.

5. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 4, 2013

The closest one to us is between 25 and 30 miles, but it seems we might just have to make a trip! I'm sure we can find something else fun to do to make the trip more than just going for food. :) All these good reviews makes me want to hop in the car and go sometime soon!

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 4, 2013

Really? They have an open-kitchen design and you can see them cooking the meat right there. Everything seems completely, totally fresh to me.

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 4, 2013

They seem extremely transparent in all they do. Their website indicates you will be notified in the restaurant if they have a supply issue and can't obtain meat that meets their standards...that's pretty impressive.

8. bison

bison Habitué

Jul 4, 2013

Oh man, it looks like I'm the only one that isn't really a fan! It's not bad or anything, but we have so much more authentic, flavorful, and CHEAP Mexican food in SoCal that I can't bear to go to Chipotle! It's more expensive and I really just don't like it as much, and I love love love Mexican food. BF likes it so we'll go once in a blue moon. I get a bowl and a couple tortillas and make my own little burritos because the regular burritos are too big to finish. I do really love their tortilla chips with the lime flavoring.

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 4, 2013

I really like small, authentic eateries also but in regards to any type of chains I am willing to try it at least once. I am rarely a repeat customer at any chain restaurant. I can see being so close to Mexico you have the real deal!

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 4, 2013

I live within walking distance of (a) a family-owned hole-in-the-wall place that sells huge, wonderful carne asada burritos and (b) a family-owned sit-down restaurant that has mole poblano to die for. Not sure I've ever even been inside a Chipotle.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 4, 2013

Love little neighborhood places! My favorites! :thumb:

12. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 4, 2013

Though we're partial to Rubio's.

13. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Jul 5, 2013

:confused:
    You can get a full, delicious, healthy meal at Chipotle (i.e. a burrito) for under $7. How can you beat that? I go at least once a week, many times multiple times a week. The place is socially conscious too, which I always love.

14. chrissy1214phx

chrissy1214phx Rookie

Jul 5, 2013

Love them.. and the guacamole is so fresh! Love the burrito bowls.

15. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Jul 5, 2013

I love Chipotle. I could eat it multiple times a week. I am known for constantly suggesting it when the notorious "where should we eat?" question comes up :lol: