China is number 1, US improved a little bit.

Discussion in 'General Education' started by G00d d00bie, Dec 7, 2010.

1. G00d d00bie

G00d d00bie Rookie

Dec 7, 2010

I think that across the US teachers have been doing a lot of extra time-consuming little worthless things that parents, principals, even students, etc. make a big deal about if not done. I think some people ought to quit slowing teachers/students down. I know some teachers that for years didn't even get half the standards taught and then forgot the material themselves. My own children hate school, hate the busy work, hate the boredom. We are seriously considering pulling them out of school and homeschooling them like many others around here. Most every day my kids come home and I ask them what they learned at school today and they usually say nothing.
    I've taught in schools where teachers teach like mad, students learn like crazy. I've taught in other schools in other states where teachers are bogged down and students are goofing around, laughing and maybe doing a little busy work between jokes.
    What is so hard to figure out?
    I know that the fact of China being ahead of us is not the point. We don't need to be number one, but then don't make a big deal when teachers don't have time to teach everything. If you want to be a boss or parent or whatever, then bosses/parents/etc. do your jobs right.