Childrens or YA book for AR theme

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sundrop, Feb 22, 2011.

1. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Feb 22, 2011

I have used Harry Potter as the theme for my AR wall for the last 2 years. Each student drew a House from the Sorting Hat. I took their photo wearing a Harry Potter hat, glasses, and robe. Their photo is how I post their progress on the AR wall. I got flags for each of the Houses to put up on the wall.
    I'd like to put up something different next year and would love suggestions from you. I'm looking for a book/series that has a fun theme that I could use to incorporate the pt. levels, split students into groups, and have a friendly competition between groups. Any suggestions?

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 22, 2011

Are you old enough for the Hunger Games series? You could use the different districts.

4. kimberlyalice

kimberlyalice Rookie

Feb 22, 2011

Lightning Thief? You could pull something from the Greek mythology for your wall.

5. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Feb 23, 2011

Both are good suggestions. I am going to ponder them a bit to see what I can come up with that goes along with them. The Hunger Games has a movie coming out I think. I know Lightning Thief already came out as a movie. That might help make it possible to find items to use in the Library relating to the story. Thanks for the ideas!

6. brandyrollins

brandyrollins Rookie

Feb 23, 2011

My graphic skills are lacking, but I think you could use the Chronicles of Narnia. Maybe a 'team' for each sibling? I imagine with the movies out there should be plenty available to help you do the decorating part.