Children and full moon

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by Myname, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Myname

Myname Comrade

Apr 13, 2006

Do you ever notice that the kids get so wild during or around a full moon? My director mentioned this to me. I was saying how wild my group was and here it is around a full moon infact tonight is a full moon.

Does your group react to this full moon?

3. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Apr 13, 2006

Oh yes, full moons have a CRAZY affect on kids

4. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 13, 2006

You know we joke about it, but it is so true. Full moon, weather, and long breaks (winter, spring, summer) can usually be set by how the kids are acting. Then agian, I have some that act that way all the time.

5. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Apr 13, 2006

I see it too. I know a couple of police and even they say that it is busier on a full moon.

6. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Apr 13, 2006

I don't see a correlation, then again, I don't pay attention. My kids do get crazy whenever the seasons change though. Especially between winter and spring.

7. thecottage

thecottage Guest

Apr 13, 2006

We see that at the hospital too. It always seems like it is the worst possible night when it's full moon!

8. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel Comrade

Apr 13, 2006

Anyone who doubts the ability of the moon to affect human behaviour has never taught, policed or doctored.

9. KimberlyBest

KimberlyBest Comrade

Apr 13, 2006

I see it happening! I even notice a change in myself where I can't sleep, am restless, a bit grumpy :eek: I absolutely believe in the power of the moon :D

10. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Apr 13, 2006

When I worked in a nursing home, we definitely could tell it was a full moon without looking out a window. I have found this to be true with my kinders as well. I also notice a change in behavior when we are in for a big snowstorm. The barometric pressure affects things as well as the full moon. I have no doubt in that!

11. angncfl

angncfl Rookie

Apr 17, 2006

Oh, good glory, we sure do notice! You know those kids who are good, but slightly on the edge of being mischievious? They turn into wild bandits when the full moon comes!