Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Patch351, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Patch351

Patch351 Rookie

Mar 6, 2008

I would like to have a week theme on Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Our Preschoolers LOVE this book and would be into it! Any ideas that I could use in the theme?

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 6, 2008

You could have them make a chicka chicka tree out of construction paper and glue letters to the trunk.

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 6, 2008

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 6, 2008

Make a coconut tree by stacking/hot glueing coffee cans- use magnet letters on tree...

6. Xtine

Xtine Companion

7. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Mar 6, 2008

Lemonhead- I am just beginning to use Discovery Streaming. I have a couple of questions. Do you run it from your computer to a T.V. or Computer Screen? What size is the screen? Do you run it through a projector? How often do you use it?

My school is offering projectors and screens for each class to use with Discovery. It is quite expensive and I think I could make due with a 20 inch screen instead. My class is small (17 max) and could see it. If you use a screen how is the resolution? I've been told the words are blurry.

Sorry for the mini-hijack. I just didn't want to start another thread for such a small question. :hijack:

8. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Mar 6, 2008

If you have access to United Streaming, you can download the video of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom -- but be forwarned, once the tune gets in your head, you will NEVER get it out!!!!

My older kids all jump up and dance when I play it, and they are in 2nd grade!!!! We love it!

9. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 7, 2008

Ours, at my main school where I sub, goes from our computer to a ceiling projector (V-brick) and onto a big full size screen (maybe 6 feet) that we pull down from the ceiling. (We use the same screen for morning announcements and for our Ducane projections)

I used United Streaming 6 times in the last 3 days. There are so many things on there ... it is awesome. I pulled up redwoods, using a thermometer, Magic School Bus, whales, giant sequoias and something about deserts. What is great is most of the videos aI used are segmented and you can just watch segments if you want. I love it. As a sub I can always find a great educational filler that goes with a lesson.

Resolution is fine. Go for the projector and screen.

Lemon

10. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Mar 8, 2008

Thanks!