Chicagoland Field Trips

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by edukidds, Oct 28, 2007.

1. edukidds

edukidds Rookie

Oct 28, 2007

I teach Head Start in the SW suburbs of Chicago. I am looking for unique field trip ideas for this school year.
    If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. :help:

3. Janet Sue

Janet Sue Rookie

Oct 29, 2007

Hi,
    I teach pre-school in the south suburbs too! We take our 4 year old class to "The Children's Museum" in Bourbonnais. There are alot of hands on activities for the children. We also eat lunch there. There are also a couple of great apple orchards in the area as well as pumpkin farms. We have a lot of special "in school" learning experiences as well. We have the fire department come to our pre-school. They show the kids a short video, let the kids try on their coats, hats, etc. We get to go outside and see the real fire truck. etc. I also have a local dentist come to our classroom in February during Dental Health Week. He shows the kids how to brush their teeth, etc. He also shares with the kids what his "tools" are and then gives the kids a free dental kit with toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. When we study nutrition we take a trip to our local Dominick's. They give the kids a store tour, lets the kids sample various fruits, veggies, and bakery goods. Then we have a pizza lunch there. I hope that gives you a few ideas. :eek:)