Chess related bulletin board..

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Alaskanteach, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Sep 25, 2006

Any ideas? Thanks.:)

3. Xtine

Xtine Companion

Sep 25, 2006

My first thought is something interactive where a child can move a piece and leave the board for the next one to move a piece. Some kind of indicator whether it's black or white's turn...

A "Rook" at Chess Club (or whatever group is playing chess) Could make the O's in Rook look like eyes so people make the look/rook connection...

Who Will Reign Supreme? (Iron Chef reference...Royalty reference...Bracket ranking possibility if used)

Something from: http://www.chess-poster.com/english/notes_and_facts/chess_quotes.htm

4. michelb366

michelb366 Comrade

Sep 25, 2006

How about posting a puzzle of the day/week. There is a website out there that gives a chess puzzle every day. It's on my school computer, if you want it LMK and I'll find it.

5. MsPlace

MsPlace Rookie

Sep 26, 2006

Have you thought about posting a "chess ladder" so that students can challenge each other. That was very popular when I was on my high school chess team. It would go with your "reign supreme" theme.

6. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Sep 26, 2006

Interesting Ideas! Wow! I like the interactive chess set idea.. I could use velcro on laminated pieces..

VERY COOL!