Checking references ... but one more interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Oregon Teacher, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Oregon Teacher

Oregon Teacher Rookie

Aug 13, 2013

I just got a phone call and found out that they are checking my references from my last interview! The job would work okay for me (it has a few drawbacks), but I also have one more interview on Thursday for a position that I would really love. The position I'm interviewing for on Thursday would be at a very close school, teaching a subject and level I love, and the job was never even posted. I don't know that I'll be offered job #1, but it does look good. Should I screen my calls, and let the principal from job #2 know if I do have an offer? I would love any opinions any of you have!

3. breezymarie07

breezymarie07 Companion

Aug 13, 2013

I'm in a similar situation - I had an interview on Monday at a school that would be fine and then another one on Thursday that I think would be a better fit. I will find by tomorrow if I got the first position, but really wanted to go to the Thursday interview just to see, if I did end up getting an offer.

I would screen my call, just to buy a little time? As for telling the principal from job #2 that you have an offer, I'm stuck. I thought about that scenario as well. However, I'm just not sure how professional that is? Maybe find out what their time-frame is and really emphasize how this school is your first choice?

Best of luck to you!! I hope one of the positions (hopefully your Thursday one) works out for you!!!:)