Charter School interview questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rockangel312, Mar 5, 2010.

1. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Mar 5, 2010

Has anyone gone on an interview for a Charter School? Are the questions any different from public schools? Any feedback would be great :)

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Mar 5, 2010

Charter schools are public schools. I interviewed at two (and was hired by one) and the questions were the same as every other interview I went on. The only things you want to be aware of before the interview are the hours (they'll most likely be longer, but how much longer?) and if they're geared towards any subject-area in particular. Some charter schools have a certain area that the school is supposed to be focused on. If the school where you're interviewing has a focus in a certain area, you'll probably want to be familiar with that ahead of time.

4. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Mar 5, 2010

My charter school interview was much the same as any other interview. Just like Beth said, do some research on what the charter focuses on.

5. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Mar 6, 2010

Thanks for the info! I haven't been able to find out much about what it's focused on, but you were right about it being different hours. Actually the hours have led me to not go on the interview. The drive for me is over an hour(before highway traffic) and the hours just for the students are from 7:30-3:45. I know I shouldn't pass up an interview or a job, but I feel like I would be nuts to take it. lol

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 6, 2010

If anything, make sure YOU have questions for THEM. Look into what makes the charter school unique and ask for details about it. I came to my interview with a list of questions about the technology and student population, and the principal loved that I had researched the school enough to want to know more.