Chapter books?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by DrivingPigeon, Mar 3, 2009.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Mar 3, 2009

Any suggestions for chapter books to read aloud? I'm sick of Junie B. and Magic Treehouse already. We also read Freckle Juice, which they really enjoyed. My class seems to need very exciting/funny books to pay attention. They loved the first few Magic Treehouse books, but when it started with Spirits and the after-life they were gone.

Any suggestions? How are those A to Z mysteries? Cam Jansen? I don't really remember the Ramona books-would kinders like them?

Thanks!

3. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Mar 3, 2009

Sorry I have No suggestions but I need some chapter book suggestions for independent reading for my high readers, any suggestions?

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Mar 3, 2009

The Boxcar Children

5. teach_kids

teach_kids Rookie

Mar 4, 2009

I have read Flat Stanley to my kids and they loved it! We even sent Stanley to different relatives and got back great projects of what Stanley did while at their homes.
    Cam Jansen is also really well received in my classroom. I read one A to Z mystery but my kids didn't seem really into it.
    Ready Freddy is also fun...
    Pippi Longstocking is also good and then I show the movie when we are done...
    Hope these help...

6. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Mar 4, 2009

What about the Cam Jansen series? I've read that with a few kids and they love it.

There's also a very phonetic series called The Adventures of Dan and Sam, and if some of your kids are very good readers they might be able to read them.