Changing my classroom arrangement-agian

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Miss W, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 7, 2008

Anyone else guilty?

This will be my 4th full arrangement in 2 weeks, and I don't even have my class list yet!

3. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Aug 7, 2008

Haha. You sound like me. I haven't been able to do that this year because I can't get into my room yet :(. But I've gone through a couple arrangements every year. (and it usually ends up close to the same as it was the year before no matter how drastically different I try to make it - the shape of the doesn't lend itself to many options) This year I won't have TIME to rearrange a zillion times. Whatever I do the first time is going to have to be it.

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2008

I used to be worse than I am now. But a few years ago, I made the rule that rearrangements would only occur on the last day of the month. So now the kids look forward to it. If I find an arrangement that I like, I still swap the kids around. They like hot having to sit beside the same person all year.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 7, 2008

I am going to arrange mine again before school starts. I don't like what I have now. I am waiting for the custodians to change some desk heighths so they are all the same. I hate when some are higher than others.... (I am taking them all up as high as they go)

6. kstar03

kstar03 Companion

Aug 7, 2008

How do you have them set up so far? Mine is 7th grade and I was trying to think of something other than boring rows....

7. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 7, 2008

My student desks are in 5 groups of 4 and 1 group of 5. Those will stay the same. I'm moving around the big stuff. I just have to get my closet cleaned out and organized. I'm going to try to put my cubbies (which are massive) in my closet. We'll see how that works.

8. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Aug 7, 2008

I am always looking for that perfect arrangement! I move them and move them and then end up where I started most of the time! :blush: I try to do this after everyone has left for the day, but I think people still know and just shake their heads! :D

I, too, rearrange desks the end of every month, even if it is just changing who they sit by. Even just doing that takes a big chunk of time, trying to figure out who best to pair up and all, and then to move them all. I know I should have the kids move them, but I keep trying to come up with a new, improved arrangement, and I can't think if they are all underfoot! I suspect it is a sickness!! :D

9. cmw

cmw Groupie

Aug 7, 2008

I just received my tables I ordered today and was soooo excited. (Last year we used the floor & clipboards.) I tried about 5 different set ups and think I found one I liked. My issue is that I need one set up for my music classes and then enough space for my band students away from the tables. We'll see if I change my mind after I sleep on it. ;)

10. Dee452

Dee452 Comrade

Aug 7, 2008

You are all so lucky to have a room where you can change the arrrangement. My room is narrow and the tables work only one way to get maximum seating. At least I know my room arrangement. :)