Changing Interview Time

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by SCTeacher23, Jul 2, 2015.

1. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

Jul 2, 2015

I received an e-mail from a principal earlier this week that was sent to multiple candidates with a link inviting me to sign up for an interview on a website. Basically there were multiple time slots and if it didn't have a name next to it, it was an open slot and you'd write your name next to it to sign up. I just received a call from another district that invited me to come for an interview the same day, where I wouldn't be able to make it to both interviews. I just checked for the first school's online interview website and they had multiple time slots that were much earlier, so that if I changed the time I could make it to both interviews. Would it be acceptable to change the time? Also should I follow up via e-mail with the first principal explaining that I selected a different time slot? If so, what should I say in the e-mail? I don't want to seem flaky for changing the time, but it doesn't seem like it would be an issue since they have multiple other time slots available.

3. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 2, 2015

I would change it and then you can always send an e-mail stating something like "Please be advised that I have changed my interview time slot from the time I originally selected due to a conflict. Thank you and I look forward to meeting with you and the interview team at _____ (new time) on _______" That way if someone happened to have jotted down your original time on some other document you gave a heads up.

Best of luck with both interviews!