Changes

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by AMK, Jul 10, 2009.

1. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 10, 2009

This past year I have been through a lot of changes in my life. Some good and some bad but in the end I am suffering from stress and anxiety which is causing once again some medical problems. I am headed on vacation next week and hoping I start to feel better. Need some prayers and thoughts. Thanks:love:

3. wcj

wcj Rookie

Jul 11, 2009

This too shall pass...

I prayed for you and hope things get better... Also, I want to leave you with this quote someone special gave me:

"This too shall pass..."

Say this to yourself when you feel overly stressed and lost...

Things will get better my friend! :hugs:

4. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2009

It will pass. You have to believe that.
    I understand about having to deal with stress.
    If it gets unbearable, please see your doctor. There are so many things they can do nowadays. I thought my skeleton was going to suffocate me after I found out my boyfriend had died. That's the only way I can describe how I felt. It was a physical reaction. My body actually felt like it was smashing me. I know it doesn't make sense but it's how I felt. I went to the doctor immediately and described the way I felt and he was able to help me right away. He explained that I was suffering extreme anxiety symptoms. I was scared because I had never felt like that. I am on medication and I feel my old self again. I will be weaned off the meds in another two months. There is help out there.

5. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Jul 11, 2009

That´s why I´m always thinking on the quote that says SEIZE THE DAY!
    If you believe in God, go to church and pray a lot, get together w people who LOVE you, and one of the relevant things: see the Dr, he will give you some advice and will recommend you what to do.

Unfortunately, stress is attacking almost everyone.
    In 2006 I got extreme low preassure. (it was caused by work problems)
    In 1997 Dh suffered from panic attacks.(caused by beginning of marriage and our baby daughter was 3 months!, imagine! how difficult to deal with... ... )
    My best friend is having some problems cause she is not that happy w her marriage, dr says she is suffering, her heart is suffering. So she has decided to play tennis, to go out more frequently and to think more and more and moreeee about herself!

Remember there are a lot of people who can give you a HELPING HAND!!!!!!!!!!, friends are essential during this process!!
    Best wishes, kisses

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

AMK- change IS stressful, but change is also an opportunity for growth. Take next week to unwind, relax, reflect, rejuvenate. Be happy.:love:

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

I'll be praying for you AMK.

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2009

:hugs: I'll keep you in my thoughts!

9. Groovy

Groovy Companion

Jul 23, 2009

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." - Alan Cohen

10. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 23, 2009

Thanks everyone. I have an out of wack thyroid. They are doing some more tests before they put me on medicine and such. My vitamin D levels were low and he thinks that is why I have been blah. We shall see.
    I am headed for an ultrasound later of my thyroid, wish me luck

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2009

AMK, I've been the Queen of Stress for just over a year now.

Let me share the much-quoted Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference.

Here's hoping for a quick, "no big deal" type of diagnosis on the thyroid issue. Is the appointment later today?

12. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 23, 2009

I had my ultrasound taken this morning. Hopfully my doc will call me tomorrow b/c he should have the results this afternoon. Just relaxing today and taking it easy!

13. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 23, 2009

First I'm seeing this. I hope you hear good news soon. :hugs:

14. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Jul 23, 2009

Your thyroid rules your body. Most of my family have a thyroid problem, me included. I take my thyroid meds and zoloft and welbutrin. Out of my prempro (another hormone) because I lost my insurance when I lost my job and it cost sooo much.
    Thyroid can make you feel tired and sad. I hope you are able to take meds, they can make you sane again.