Change

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by SCTeachInTX, Apr 18, 2010.

1. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Apr 18, 2010

There will be many changes this school year. I will moving to a new grade level and I am excited. Almost everyone on our staff will be looking at changing grade levels or becoming self contained. There will be much movement literally too.

I am wondering from the great posters here on A to Z, what are some things that I can do to foster a sense of "team" within my new group of team mates. Any ideas? I am a great people person but I want for my team to feel the love!:love::love::love:

Ideas anyone?

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Apr 21, 2010

:banghead:Oh come on.... give me something.....

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 21, 2010

Could you have a social get together shortly before the school year begins to get to know each other a little better?

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Apr 22, 2010

Send out daily notes: comments on good things you saw, kudos for hard work, an inspirational message.

Put a goodie in their mail box. Chocolate works wonders.

6. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Apr 22, 2010

Now I'm wondering if you work at my school....hmmm! :whistle:
    We're doing the exact same thing-lots of moves and I am going to loop up next year. And I was wondering the same thing so I'm hoping you get some good responses. Maybe meet to go bowling or something over the summer. I wanted to invite my new team over for a pre-planning/barbecue or something maybe in July. You're right though, if you start laying that foundation of team spirit early, it will probably mean a positive relationship will grow out of it.

7. mrs100

mrs100 Comrade

Apr 22, 2010

I have been on the same team for 5 years now, and the first 4 were miserable! Long story short, I took it upon myself to try to create that sense of team. I started by bringing in a little mason jar full of M&Ms the first day of school with a note that said, "For when you have one of 'those' days!" They all thought they were cute and very thoughtful. Honestly, after that, it was just always having a smile on my face, making sure I kept up on how their families were doing, and being a good listener. Keep things light, ask for advice/help, and share ideas. Your positive attitude will go a long way. I also like the idea of a before school lunch. Maybe you could offer to host it at your house and they could each bring something to share. Good luck!

8. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Apr 27, 2010

Kinder... You are safe. No K teachers were moved. :) I just need to get through THIS all important week and then, I am going to get the ball rolling with building a sense of team and community.