Change to resume?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ktmiller222, Aug 28, 2014.

1. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Aug 28, 2014

Ok, I will be quitting my job and going into substitute teaching. I'm working on updating my resume. How do you put substitute teaching on your resume especially when I will be in three different school districts? Do you put the school districts name? Also, what objectives to you use for it as well? Any help and any examples of what you put on your resume would help me out a lot!

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. msmac21

msmac21 Companion

Aug 28, 2014

Here's how it looks on my resume:

Substitute Teacher May 2012-January 2014

*listed all districts right here*

I don't have an objective anymore because I haven't day-to-day subbed since January and I needed room for other things. But my objective when I had it was something like "Responsible for day-to-day duties of regular classroom teacher in grades K-12". Everyone knows what a sub does so just keep it basic in my opinion. Oh and I did list all the school districts names, I have like ten on mine.

Hope this helps!!!

4. msmac21

msmac21 Companion

Aug 28, 2014

Oh and my formatting is messed up so pay no attention to that! The way mine is set up is "Substitute Teacher" is all the way to the left, then the dates are right aligned on the same line all the way to the right, then my district list is in italics underneath. Just to clarify : ) Good luck!

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 28, 2014

Do the schools out source or are you employed by all three separately?

Schools outsource here now. Instead of listing districts, I listed the company I worked for. I only subbed for a month (January which had a ton of snow days), but even in that month I subbed for 8 districts.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 29, 2014

This is how it was listed on my resume as well.