Chance to Attend TV Show Taping

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2013

I just got an invite for the following. Maybe I should go for fun. It's about 45 min away:

There will be a special taping of a new series for Food Network! On Tuesday, July 23, beginning at noon, Food Network chefs will be cooking up mouth watering dishes for you to enjoy.
    Check-in begins at 12:00pm in the Neiman Marcus - Bloomingdale's Courtyard.
    Space is limited – the first 150 guests to RSVP will be confirmed. Please RSVP to __ with your guest list and include: total number of guests with each guest's name (first and last) as well as your contact information - phone number and email address.
    Every guest must fill out an On Camera Release to participate in the event as you will be on camera. Guests must be 18 years or older.

Eh, I probably won't go.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2013

Well that was a quick decision!:lol:

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2013

We called when we were going to be in NY one year and went to a taping of David Letterman..it was fun!!!

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2013

If anyone here wants to go to this, I'll gladly give you the email address. It's in the city of Newport Beach, CA. :)

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 20, 2013

I would go! Super fun :)

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2013

I would have gone. I love Food Network! With only 150 slots, though, I bet it's already full.

8. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2013

I think it would be fun to go just to do something different. I love Food Network.

9. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jul 20, 2013

Show tapings are so fun!! You should go if you still can! I've been to tapings of The X Factor, So You Think You Can Dance, The Big Bang Theory (that one was my favorite!), and last week I went to The Voice! I don't actually regularly watch X Factor, SYTYCD, or The Voice, but they were still fun! :D

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2013

Lucky!

11. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 20, 2013

Oh, I would go in a minute.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2013

Not that I don't like cook shows, but if it had been SYTYCD, I really would have RSVP'd!

13. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jul 20, 2013

I'm not sure where those tickets were from because my sister in law got them for us. I know on camera audiences does them, but there are other sites.

14. Mrs.Giggles

Mrs.Giggles Companion

Jul 20, 2013

All of you from California are making me so envious! I would LOVE to just attend one taping of any show!

15. BettyRubble

BettyRubble Rookie

Jul 20, 2013

I love TV show tapings! Going to the Rosie O'Donnell show was what inspired my undergrad degree (that I don't use, but it was fun to study!! haha). I've only been to talk shows but I'd love to go to a sitcom taping one day, or Dancing with the Stars.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2013

I know Ticketmaster actually sells tickets for when the top 10 SYTYCD dancers do their touring show. I'd like to get tickets for that someday.

My mom's been in the Price is Right Audience to try to get picked & her & I tried to do it again once. My aunt has been in the audience several times for the Let's Make a Deal show.

17. bros

bros Phenom

Jul 21, 2013

You should. It might be for Justin Warner's show or for the winner of Food Network Star

18. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jul 21, 2013

If you ever come out this way, some of the show tapings are really easy to get with just a couple week's notice. We went to The tonight Show with Jay Leno that way (oh yeah, I forgot that one! lol). I think we got the tickets like a week ahead of time. If we ever go to NYC (a dream of ours!) we really want to go see a taping of The Late Show with Jimmy Fallon!

My absolute dream would be to see a taping of SNL - that would be SO fun. But it's impossible to get tickets for a certain week or day, so that will never happen for this west coast girl! Oh, well.

I just noticed where you're from! I'm visiting Missouri for the first time next week! My husband's extended family lives in the St. Louis area. :) I'm excited; I've never been there before! Sorry, off topic!! :blush:

19. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jul 21, 2013

Sitcom tapings are REALLY fun. This is where we got our Big Bang tickets: http://www.tvtickets.com They were pretty hard to get because they "sell" out (they're free, but I'm not sure what other term to use) VERY quickly - like within a few minutes. We got standby tickets and waited in line for 5 hours to make sure we had seats! :lol: Worth it, though. Other shows are easier to get, though. If you're in CA you should do it!!! It's worth it.

20. bison

bison Habitué

Jul 21, 2013

I've been to a few talk type shows as well, and I also recommend going! It's fun! :) I've never been to a sitcom but that sounds like it'd be fun too. I wanted to go to Conan years ago when I was in NYC, but the lines to get tickets were ridiculous.