Chance Tickets

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by cMcD, Jul 30, 2009.

1. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jul 30, 2009

I want to do chance tickets this year. (If a kid does something good they write their name on the ticket/piece of paper and put it in a box. I do a drawing once or twice a week for trips to the treasure box.) BUT, I don't want to call them "chance tickets". To me a "chance ticket" sounds like they have a chance to win something, instead of something positive because that's why they got the ticket in the first place (if that makes sense)... Any good/better names?

3. glen

glen Companion

Jul 30, 2009

My old school used to call them "Random Acts of Kindness" tickets.

4. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 30, 2009

I'm looking at doing something similar with a raffle. :D Maybe you could use your school mascot...Fantastic Falcon Tickets? I've seen a fish bowl that they're put in called the Jar of Kindness. I also read about the Neat & Cool envelope where the tickets are kept. I purchased these cards that have a raffle ticket on 1 side & a card to take home on the other. They have them for participation, behavior, and good work. (The one book I read had a great idea of using a fine system. If the student selected was disruptive, forgot their supplies, or whatever they would be disqualified. The students would not know it was them. The teacher would just say it was someone who was disqualified & pull another ticket.)

5. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 30, 2009

I bought some ticket from the Dollar Tree. They are perforated so the kid takes home part that looks like a mini award and I keep the raffle part. I call them Rod Rewards (my name)

6. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 30, 2009

:thumb: Super cute name for them!!!

And...OMG something I haven't seen at the Dollar Tree...I must go there now!! :lol:

7. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 30, 2009

Go! Go now quickly!!! They have them in like 7 different designs too. I bought like... um... Well... We're all friends here I guess theres no harm in admitting this...30.:whistle:

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 30, 2009

I got those admit one tickets from WalMart and was going to use them as chance tickets/rewards/going above and beyond. Mine are "Caught Being Great!"

9. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Jul 30, 2009

I made business cards free from Vista Print. Mine are called Lucky Ladybug (b/c that goes with my theme). I'll put a ladybug stamp/sticker on it when it's awarded. They write their name on the back and put it in the container for a drawing. These will be to recognize great choices, improved behavior, going above & beyond, etc.

10. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jul 30, 2009

I like the idea of doing something with your name or your schools name! Let us know what you decide. It's a cool idea:)

11. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 31, 2009

Msmullen I hope you don't mind but I will blame today's DT spending on you! :lol: They had a few of those tickets so I got one of each. I'm hoping to use the store ones as a template to make my own. But I spent a ton on the passes and stickers they had! I also got 8 of those little cones with the words like Terrific, Cool, Awesome... on them for when I do teams.

12. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 31, 2009

I take full responsibility of being an instigator here. My apologies. :p

13. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 31, 2009

My friend calls them "Caught Being Good" Slips

14. Couldntbhappier

Couldntbhappier Rookie

Jul 31, 2009

I call them "Terrific Tickets"