challenge capsules

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Pencil Monkey, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jun 23, 2010

http://www.mrsgoldsclass.com/MiscIdeas.htm

Has anyone ever used this idea in their classroom? I have already seen the test scores of my new class and I know those kids will need a good deal of challenges. I got some plastic eggs off of oriental trading company website. I'm trying to figure out what to put in them.

What are your thoughts?

3. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2010

I love this idea! Also, thanks for the site! I have what website I'll be surfing tomorrow!!! I think that this would be perfect from them to do. I know our math serious has a lot of challenge questions in it or you could have a bunch of different tasks in the eggs too.

4. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2010

Love it! I think I will be putting in the activity cards from the Mailbox magazines. Challenge math questions is a good idea, too! I have a book of geography challenges as well; those would be great to use (my kids last year were obsessed with atlases;)).

5. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Jun 24, 2010

That is too cool! I've never seen it before, but it looks like a great idea.

6. MsG

MsG Companion

Jun 24, 2010

I love this! My team and I decided to have a "discovery" time during intervention this year where everyone had something to work on, whether they were in intervention or not. I'd love to do something like this for the kids who aren't in small group with me!