Certification in Maryland

Discussion in 'General Education' started by rausharvey, Oct 23, 2016.

1. rausharvey

rausharvey Guest

Oct 23, 2016

Hello! I am currently working on becoming a certified teacher. I graduated with my MAT from a private university (that's accredited in VA) in 2015 but didn't get certified. However, I am currently working on that now. I passed the VCLA (which is required in VA) and I take the praxis next month. Once I do that, I am eligible to student teach next Fall. I am requesting Anne Arundel County and other nearby districts to Baltimore.

I have been trying to understand how to transfer my VA license to MD after I obtain it. It seems a lot of links on the Maryland department of education are currently 'broken' or something. And I can't wait till tomorrow to call because I'm impatient :p

Thanks if anyone knows!

3. showmelady

showmelady Companion

Oct 26, 2016

If you can't get the info you need because internet links do not work, try calling them on the phone, or (since you mention AA County as a possible work site) are you near Annapolis? Is that where the actual office would be? I'd just take a little trip there and talk to someone in person, take your credentials with you, it may be easy to pick up whatever info and forms you need if you go in person.

4. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Oct 26, 2016

5. showmelady

showmelady Companion

Oct 26, 2016

I tried this link and it seemed to work. And I guess the Board of Ed is in B'more.

But you can make a day of it, have some great seafood, go to the aquarium, shop by the Harbor. I guess you can see I am a B'more native!

6. Teachertimes

Teachertimes Rookie

Oct 26, 2016

I am a teacher in AACPS. You'll have to create an account on MSDE but print the application and mail it. If you are hired in AACO they pursue your certification for you so you actually don't need to do anything. They handle it all.