Cell Phone Companies?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by futureteach21, Nov 21, 2009.

1. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Nov 21, 2009

My plan is up and I don't want to renew with my current carrier. Which company do you use? Whats good about it? Or what don't you like?

I'll tell you my current carrier once I get a few respones:whistle:

3. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 21, 2009

I hate T-Mobile. The service sucks and they've gotten just as expensive as the others. Also, they dropped their myfaves plan, which was the only thing that made them worth it.

4. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

Nov 21, 2009

Agreed. Tmobile is terrible. Less than a year ago I would have said they were fantastic but now my mind has been completely changed. In the past 2-3 months I've been without internet service (which I pay for), phone service which also impacts texting, my contacts have been gone and brought back 2 times, and I lost alot of other applications (games, weather, etc) that I paid for and they won't credit me for. Some of those things above were lost independently at times but other times I lost all or most of those things for a week or more at a time. Long story short... there service has been terrible and their customer service has been worse. :mad:

5. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

I have Verizon. I've never had any problems, but I only have the most basic plan. It's the only carrier that has service in my rural area, so I really don't have any other options.

6. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Nov 21, 2009

We have Verizon. My husband travels and usually has no trouble with reception-minor dead areas, etc.With 1400 minutes we get 10 "free" numbers to call, free to other Verizon, etc. I won't use Sprint. In IL we had US Cellular and they were fine. I am not really too familiar with others, I think they are all pricey!!:)

7. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 21, 2009

I would switch back to ATT if I could. I had no real problems with them and they are the same cost of what I need as tmobile is. Unfortunately, due to circumstances I don't care to discuss, I'm stuck for another year and a half.

8. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Nov 21, 2009

The cancellation fees are ridiculous!!

9. goopp

goopp Devotee

Nov 21, 2009

I have AT&T. We've been with the same company for 20 years, it's just changes names over and over (BellSouth Mobility, Cingular, AT&T...). We've never had any problems. My husband has Verizon through work, he likes it too.

10. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 21, 2009

We have AT&T. We have had service problems in the past, but they took care of them quickly and it hasn't happened in a while. It seems a little expensive, but we both have unlimited internet and unlimited texting. I will keep it because my family has AT&T and you get free calls to anyone with AT&T. The people I call the most are my mom and my husband, so it would probably cost me more to go with another company.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 21, 2009

We have Verizon. The only problems I had were the result using the "free" phone. When I renewed my contract I upgraded to a better phone and things have been working great.

12. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Nov 21, 2009

Okay, I have Sprint and HATE IT. We have had so many problems with them. The way their staff handle problems in the store or on over the phone is ridiculous! They always say there is nothing they can do, then they figure out a solution and then CHARGE you what they said would be free. It looks like ATT or Verizon are the top picks!

13. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

AT&T. I've never had a problem with them. (They've had problems with me paying my bill on time....)

14. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2009

We have Verizon and have been happy with it.

15. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Nov 21, 2009

We have AT&T and have had them for as long as I owned a cell phone, maybe 16 years. Never had a problem plus they have roll over minutes and you can pick 10 numbers that have other carriers and you aren't charged.

16. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

I'm very happy with ATT. I use their Pay as you Go plan with a texting package.

17. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2009

I have had Verizon for years and have never had any major problems. We travel a lot an spend time in rural areas, the coverage has been pretty good.

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2009

I've had AT&T for the past 5+ yrs & never had a problem.

19. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Nov 22, 2009

I have had and liked Verizon for quite a few years. Good service and customer service.

20. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 22, 2009

I've been with Verizon Wireless for over 2 years now. I have really liked the coverage and also their customer service has been amazing. :thumb:

21. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Nov 22, 2009

I have had NEXTEL twice (once before Sprint, once after), TMobile once, and Verizon 3 times. I always go back to Verizon and have been with them continuously for 5 years now with no plans of switching.
    TMobile did not work in my hometown.
    Spring/NEXTEL does not work anywhere. Seriously. And their customer service is horrible. The last time I switched, I switched on the FIRST day of the billing cycle- they charged me for an entire month. They will not prorate it. :mad:
    The only problem I have EVER had with Verizon was one dead zone- which my house happens to be in the middle of. It is about a 1/4 mile radius around my house that has issues. They are aware of it and have 'no plans to add another tower at this time.' Grrr.

22. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Nov 22, 2009

Loyal AT&T customers over here!! Best part-- we have the iPhone! :D (I just bought my husband that for his early Christmas gift.)

We've never had problems with them.

23. Simba

Simba Comrade

Nov 23, 2009

I LOVE Verizon!!!

24. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Nov 23, 2009

I had AT&T for years, and I loved it. I switched to Verizon about a year ago, and the service is hit and miss, plus my phone has been nothing but trouble. They are nice enough when it comes to fixing it, but I didn't have any problems with AT&T. If I could, I would switch back to them.