Celebrities

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by teacherchick, Sep 9, 2005.

1. teacherchick

teacherchick Companion

Sep 9, 2005

Who is your favorite and least favorite?

I am partial to liking treat Williams

and I HATE TomCruise and Ashton K!!!!!

3. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2005

I like Morgan Freeman. He used to be on a PBS show called, Electric Company in the 70's. Everytime I watch a movie with him in it, I picture him teaching me how to read. Crazy I know.

I absolutely dreadfully dispise Tom Cruise. Even before he freaked out. I never like him. When I saw Risky Business and The Outsiders I thought he was a twit then. I also don't like Mariah Carey.

4. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2005

I use to like Tom Cruise until he decided he couldn't shut up. If I had to pick someone who I thought was the devil living on earth it would have to be Huge Hefner. Doesn't it make sense? Maybe I'm the only one!

I like Adam Sandler, Nicole Kidman, Vince Vaughn, and Drew Barrymore. I use to have mad crushes on John Travolta and Patrick Swayze when I was younger.

5. glitzern02

glitzern02 Companion

Sep 16, 2005

I am a big fan of Tom Hanks. I love any movie he is in. I am also a big fan of Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, and Kate Hudson. I absolutely love them! :)

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2005

Steve Martin and Jerry Sienfeld beat all.

7. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Sep 16, 2005

I hate P. Diddy or Diddy or Puff Daddy or whoever he is this month. He is so full of himself he makes me sick!!!

I do love Ellen DeGenerous (I've loved her since the 80s) Morgan Freeman and Adam Sandler.

8. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2005

I love The Jerk!!!

"I don't need anything else...oh I need this...". I love that movie. Steve Martin is so talented and oh so smart as well!

9. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 16, 2005

I remember him from his earlier years when he said he was , "A WIIIIIIIILD AND CRAAAAAAAAZY GUY!" I love Roxeanne(spelling)...and Father of the Bride(although you cannot beat the original with Spencer Tracy.

10. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Sep 16, 2005

I love watching anything with Sandra Bullock, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, and Tommy Lee Jones. ( I had forgotten about Electric Company!! I used to love that show!!)

I really don't like Tom Cruise, never have. I also truly despise Paris Hilton.

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 16, 2005

I love Diane Lane ... she was great in Under the Tuscan Sun and Must Love Dogs. I love to look at Brad Pitt. I can't stand any rapper, never even thought Tom Cruise was a good actor, but I have a strange thing for the host of Survivor .....

12. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Sep 16, 2005

Sandra Bullock is my favorite actress. I watch Hope Floats all the time. I usually like movies with Tom Hanks, Diane Lane, Will Smith, Jodie Foster, and Denzel Washington.

My list of least favorite actors and actresses is quite lengthy so I'll just mention a few. I despise Tom Cruise, and Johnny Depp (I know I'll get some flack with that one!), and dislike Renee Zelweger (spelling?), Cameron Diaz sometimes, and John Travolta's recent stuff.

I never knew I was so opinionated until I found this forum!

13. Keling9

Keling9 Companion

Sep 17, 2005

Oh, I am somewhat fond of Johnny Depp...more in the Pirates of the Carribean-kind-of-way!! Adam Sandler is always a favorite as well as Ewan McGregor. I like Uma Thurman and Nicole Kidman too.

I'm really tired of Byonce Knowles, Sean "puffy" Combs, and anything Hilton or Richey related. Oh....and not real fond of Tom Cruise anymore...After Top Gun, it's all been down hill for me!

14. chava_1908

chava_1908 Rookie

Sep 17, 2005

:love: I love Sanaa Lathan/Alfre Woodard/Omar Epps (Love and Basketball),
    Taye Diggs (Brown Sugar), Morgan Freeman (Along Came a Spider & Shawshank Redemption), Eddie Murphy/Arsenio Hall (Coming to America), Nick Cannon (Drumline), Diane Lane (Under the Tuscan Sun), Sean Patrick Thomas/Julia Stiles (Save the Last Dance), Sean Connery (Finding Forrester) /Katherine Zeta Jones (Entrapment) and Anne Hathaway (Princess Diaries I&II)

:I dislike the quality of the works made by Brad Pitt (except for Meet Joe Black), Ellen Degeneres, Dave Chappelle, Billy Bob Thornton, and Marilyn Manson (the worst)!

I made a list like this and am thrilled somebody started this thread!!!!!

Teachers who just want to be movie buffs on the weekend should stop by. :cool:

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 17, 2005

I like Hugh Grant, too. He and Sandra Bullock in Two Week's Notice were hysterical. I'm not wild about Julia Roberts. Oprah Winfrey has fabulous people skills and is very generous, I love her, but not when she gets too preachy and philosophical. I usually love Nicole Kidman's style, also Gwyneth Paltrow and Halley Berry (who is the most gorgeous woman on earth). Has anyone seen the movie about Cole Porter with Ashley Judd? Marvelous...

Never watched *** and the City, don't like the actresses, never watched Desperate Housewives, too trashy. My favorite show of all time was Thirtysomething and I loved the actress who played Faith. I wish I enjoyed any of the late night shows these days but I don't.

What about the movie stars of old? Who do you like? And does anyone listen to NPR on Saturday mornings? I love Car Talk and This American Life.

16. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Sep 17, 2005

I also despise Paris Hilton and I love Denzel Washington...plus he's HOT.

17. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Sep 17, 2005

Oh, I love all of the "old" movie stars..Cary Grant, Doris Day, Rock Hudson, Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart (I am so excited!! My DVD of Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation just came in!!), John Wayne...the list could go on and on. I hate to make comparisons, but really very few, if any, of today's stars hold a candle to the acting ability of the earlier stars (not starting "stuff" with that, just stating my opinion! :D)

18. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2005

I could watch Johnny Depp in "Pirates" all day long...those eyes!!! :wow:

19. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2005

Grammy, that's hilarious you brought up the wild and crazy guy! My husband is czech and he and his brother were the real life "wild and crazy guys" when they were in high school! My husband even had the same hat the Steve Martin wore in that skit! That little blue hat..............too funny, I loved that skit even before I met my czech! LOL!

20. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2005

I also second that Denzel Washington is hot......what a georgeous man! :D

21. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2005

Johnny Depp is my kind of man.......ooooooohhhhhhhhh I would chase him down if I were young and single.

22. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2005

:D Hey Grammy...I may not be young, but I could arrange to be single if Johnny came looking! :D

23. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2005

Count me in, too, MrsC! I call first dibs on the depp! :p :angel:

24. chava_1908

chava_1908 Rookie

Sep 17, 2005

Henry Simmons

Have any of you watched NYPD Blue (the most recent seasons)?
    IF so then when I say Henry Simmons :angel: you will go down on your knees and agree that he is the most gorgeous black man on TV today! ;)

25. kinder4me

kinder4me Comrade

Sep 17, 2005

For some odd reason I find Patrick Dempsey sooooo attractive. I think my heart skips a beat everytime I see him on TV or in a movie. But I have no idea why!!! I like lots of actors: Tom Hanks, Steve Martin, Owen Wilson and his cute brother Luke Wilson, Oprah Winfrey, Meryl Streep, Gwenyth Paltrow, Matt Damon, Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, and I think Jude Law is a real hotty!!!!

I absolutely cannot stand Angelina Jolie, Mariah Carey, and Tom Cruise and his know-it-all mouth. Also not real crazy about Ben Affleck.

26. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Sep 17, 2005

Yes Johnny Depp is extra HOT!!! I love him to death. I am beginning to get a crush on Owen Wilson now. He is so hilarious.

27. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2005

kinder4me,
    I can't place Patrick Dempsey. Who is he? I'm sure that's probably a real dumb question, but I'm drawing a blank!

28. kinder4me

kinder4me Comrade

Sep 17, 2005

He has been in quite a few movies. Back in the late '80's he was in a movie called "Loverboy". He was in "Sweet Home Alabama", he played the guy Reese Witherspoon was engaged to and then dumped at the alter. He also played in a made for TV movie called "Lucky 7" on ABC Family Channel. It was a romance movie and he was so awesome in it. It is one of my favorite movies ever. He now stars in the series "Grey's Anatomy". Again, he is a hotty!!! He plays a doctor and he is gorgeous.

29. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2005

I like Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Jude Law, Nicholas Cage. In the actress dept I like Sandra Bullock.

Right now Tom Cruise is not on my list of favorites. Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilarra (sp)

Patrick Dempsey plays on Gray's Anatomy.

30. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Sep 17, 2005

I really liked Patrick Dempsey in the 80s movie "Can't Buy Me Love".

31. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Sep 17, 2005

One of my favorite actors has been Edward Norton ever since I saw him in "Primal Fear"....great movie! Richard Gere is also great in the movie, but Ed Norton does a fantastic job. I also really like Sandra Bullock. She's one of my favorites as well.
    I CANNOT stand Vin Diesel. People ooh and aah about how gorgeous he is, but I can't get over the fact that he always sounds like he's reading from cue cards. haha I really don't like 50 Cent either.
    I agree with a lot of the ones other people have said too (likes and dislikes), but I won't mention them all because this list could get very long! :)

32. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Sep 17, 2005

For some reason I do not like Julia Roberts. I don't hate her or anything, and I did like her in Pretty Woman. But I'm not as crazy about her as most people are.
    Oh I forgot, my most favorite actor in the whole world is Al Pacino. I am in love with him!!

33. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2005

I like Mel Gibson. He has been in some great movies. Braveheart is one of my all time favorites and I loved the Patriot as well.

34. becky

becky Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2005

Baltimore Oriole Rafael Palmiero is my current crush. I can't stand to listen to Vincent D'onofrio(sp??)
    I'd rather give birth than listen to Lisa Rinna, but I do like Nancy Grace. And Judge Judy.

35. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Sep 17, 2005

Oh boy...baseball players...haha. I love Johnny Damon, Jason Varitek, and Kevin Millar of the Boston Red Sox. I really don't like Derek Jeter from the Yankees...no, not just because he's a Yankee. He just seems really full of himself and it drives me nuts. haha

36. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Sep 17, 2005

Can't forget Matthew McConaughey!

37. chava_1908

chava_1908 Rookie

Sep 18, 2005

Amen sister, he is gorgeous!

38. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2005

Oh, how could I forget Mel Gibson and Johnny Depp. Both are awesome. I also can not stand Paris Hilton. She's so overexposed and ditzy. Nicole Ritchie (sp?) on the other hand isn't as annoying as she use to be. She's actually turning into a more mature human being than she use to be. Maybe because she got rid of Paris?

39. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Sep 18, 2005

I used to really like Matthew Broderick, not for his looks, but because he's funny-which is why I named my son Matthew.

Matthew McConaughey is very gorgeous!!!

40. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Sep 18, 2005

Oh yes, I love Edward Norton. He is probably the hottest of them all. So is Ray Fiennes. He was great in Schindler's List.

41. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Sep 18, 2005

I like Tom Hanks and Mel Gibson. I have had a crush on Kurt Russell since his days of working on Disney movies.

Matthew McConaughey is a cutie pie. I think it was on the old Rosie O'Donnell show that Rosie liked McConaughey's explanation of how to make "Beer But-t Chicken." It was so funny!

For the ladies, I like Sandra Bullock and (although I haven't seen her in anything for a while) Lily Tomlin.

I get ill every time I see Howard Stern on tv. I don't know why they give that pig a show - disgusting.