Celebrating birthdays at school

Discussion in 'General Education' started by priyaanka, Aug 24, 2009.

1. priyaanka

priyaanka Rookie

Aug 24, 2009

How do you celebrate a student's birthday?

3. tiffharmon2001

tiffharmon2001 Comrade

Aug 24, 2009

In my class, we sing Happy Birthday, give them a card, and let them pick something from the treasure basket. If the parents choose, they bring treats and we eat that for snack. Nothing really fantastic or disruptive to our day.

4. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Aug 24, 2009

I have an awesome volunteer. She comes in once a month and has made a poster for each child. This poster has their favorite things on it (team, tv show, color, etc.) and their picture. She also has the kids for that month vote on 1 type of food and she brings it (usually pizza). The kids get to share their poster and we get to chow down. She also brings cupcakes for the b-day boys/gals.

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Aficionado

Aug 24, 2009

Our school does a schoolwide tv announcement and gives each child a spirit cup on their birthday. If parents want to bring a treat, they have to do it during the child's regular lunch time.

6. 2inspire

2inspire Companion

Aug 24, 2009

Birthday pencil and card, song. If the student brings treats we have them after AR.

I have a Jehovah's Witness student in my class that brings in treats on the first friday of each month to make up for the celebrations she doesn't do (her words-not mine). We just pass out those treats and say thank you.