Cedar Point

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dgpiaffeteach, Sep 18, 2011.

1. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Sep 18, 2011

Went to Cedar Point yesterday and had a blast! I love roller coasters and Halloween so it's the perfect combination for me! Maverick is my favorite but the wait was too long so we never did get on it but we did get on everything else that we wanted to except for a couple of the smaller rides.

Anyways, if anyone is going for Halloweekends, I cannot recommend the Zombie Tours highly enough! Basically you pay for access to the 4 big haunted houses and 2 of the walk throughs. You get a tour guide and then your guide takes you to the front of the line for each different place. Absolutely no waiting :D It was awesome! My aunt is probably the most conservative with money out of anyone I've ever met and even she paid for it and thought it was well worth it! So if you're going this season, definitely consider it! They keep the groups no more than 12 and I think ours had 9.

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2011

Love, love CP...especially this time of year. Glad you had fun. :)

4. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 18, 2011

Cedar Point is the best park, hands down, especially if you love roller coasters. Glad you had a great time! I'm hoping to make it back up there next summer!

5. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Sep 18, 2011

I love Cedar Point, I wish it wasn't so far away. I love the Mantis.

I just got back from Hershey Park and my friend and I were talking about CP while we were there.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2011

Haven't been to CP in a LOOOONG time... Not much of a high roller coaster person...I usually just close my eyes. LOL!!!

But I do remember my friends were talking about going on the Magnum and it happened to be sprinkling when we were there...this guy told us that he was there one time when it started to rain and the people were on the Magnum at the top of the first hill.... they stopped the ride & everyone had to walk down the catwalk.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! He said nope. I said I would have just sat there!!!! So needless to say I have never been on that ride!!! LOL!!!

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2011

That's certainly happened plenty. Crazy, I know! We were in line for MF and witnessed it. I couldn't do it. No way. Not happening. I'd love to know how they deal with someone who is beyond too terrified to make the walk down....

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2011

I would be the crazy one up there... NO WAY are you getting to walk down that thing!!!

9. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Sep 18, 2011

I know even a tiny amount of rain can shut down rides but thankfully I've never gotten stuck on any because of it!

I do remember when Dragster first opened and we were standing there watching it and a piece of the car came flying off :whistle: It was closed the rest of the season. It also used to roll back a ton. Haven't seen it do that in a long time!

10. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2011

Yes, the rollbacks...now that wouldn't be too bad! I saw it stuck perfectly at the top, though, and that would suck for me. It just needed a tiny "push" to make it get past that perfect balance and on down the hill.

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2011

I remember going on a wooden one...Gemini maybe... my friend & I saw where they took the pic so we opened our eyes just for that spot...that pic was such a hoot... LOL!!!

12. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Sep 18, 2011

I LOVE cedar point! My very first roller coaster I ever rode was millenium force, lol. I was always afraid of them, and then my class went there for a weekend in 7th grade. I was the only one who was afarid of roller coasters, and I figured if I rode that one first I wouldn't be scared of all the others. Well, about halfway through I'm thinking "this is awesome!!" I grew up near king's island, which is a great park also but cedar point will always be the best in mind. I've been to a lot of amusement parks around the country and never seen anything that even compares in roller coasters.

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2011

I was going through old pix a few weeks ago & found some of us with family at King's Island... I mean seriously our clothes what were we thinking?!?! LOL!!!

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 19, 2011

Never been to Cedar Point, but I love amusement parks as well! From now on when I travel out of state & beyond, I've got to seek out where the amusement parks are!

15. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Sep 19, 2011

I was just at King's Island on the 11th. My 7 year old loved it...he wanted to ride Diamondback...didn't but wanted to! He rode the Back Lot Stunt Coaster 2x & the Woodstock Express 2x.

King's Island is now owned by Cedar Fair, so the whole Snoopy & gang are there instead of Nickolodean characters.

I used to work at a Girl Scout camp near KI, so I got to see the fireworks quite often.

Never been to Cedar Point. Not a big fan of roller coasters, but I did ride a few with my son.