CD for learning addition

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by lw3teach, May 22, 2007.

1. lw3teach

lw3teach Companion

May 22, 2007

Hi,
    Does anyone have any good suggestions for any CD that is out there to teach addition and subtraction skills? Does Dr. Jean have anything for this?:thanks:

3. SueHue

SueHue Comrade

May 23, 2007

I just listed this link on another post. I don't actually have this particular CD, but I do have another CD by this musician. I noticed that the CD has adding and subtracting, but I can't tell you much about it. Here's the link:

http://www.heidisongs.net/musicalmath.html

You may be able to find the words and/or hand movements that go with the song on the website to give you an idea of what it's all about.

The only other things that come to mind are the Inch Worm song (1 and 1 are 2, 2 and 2 are 4, 4 and 4 are 8... Inch worm, inch worm, measuring the merigolds...) OR the song Five Little Monkeys. I know, not super helpful, but it's all I can think of.

If you need other, non musical idea, please post. I might have some ideas to share, if I can find the photos...

4. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

May 23, 2007

Dr Jean has a CD titled Totally Math that has some higher level math songs: some off the top of my head are- Addition pokey and fact families there are a ton of songs on that CD though, there could be more of what you're looking for.