cbm assessment examples

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sjcgirl07, Sep 15, 2009.

1. sjcgirl07

sjcgirl07 Companion

Sep 15, 2009

ughh..so i am a graduate student who has had some experience in a classroom but not tons...and decided to go for my masters in special education and now feel like i am way over my head. All this stuff to do with assessment and standardized tests is confusing me so much. maybe i am just putting way to much thought into it..so in my assessment class we are 2 come up with examples of a assessment we could administer in many catagories: A cbm in area of reading, cbm in area of spelling, and not cbm's but criterion refrenced assessment in math and reading. We haven't discussed all this in class yet really..only had one class and reading the book just doesn't seem to help me. What should i be thinking of for examples. Can i make up my own or all of these standardized ways of testing? I am so confused any help would be aprreciated.

3. 2inspire

2inspire Companion

Sep 15, 2009

I give comprehension and math cbm's 3x a year. For the test (standardized) we give cbm stands for curriculum based measurement. Is that the same thing you're talking about?