CBEST

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by Roxanne.0105, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Roxanne.0105

Roxanne.0105 New Member

Jan 30, 2019

Hi y'all had a question. I just took the CBEST and got a print out. Are the scores on the print out my actual scores?

3. Rin

Rin New Member

Jan 31, 2019

Yes. The writing score is the only that gets graded after you complete your CBEST exam. Your official score report should be emailed to you in about 1-2 weeks and also be viewable through your CTC account.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 1, 2019

What you have is one or more unofficial scores. It's possible for the official scores to be different when all is said and done, but that's extremely rare.

5. WongHF

WongHF Rookie

Nov 2, 2019

Hi, anyone could tell me regarding the CBEST registration?
    I have a question here. After I registered, there is a statement showed "seating assignment pending". What is this mean? How long do I have to wait for confirmation? Will I not getting any seat at the end?

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 2, 2019

"Seating assignment pending" means that your registration is confirmed: you will have a seat, but no one knows exactly where - which desk in which room at which school - until it's clearer how many people will need to be accommodated. I'm assuming that you signed up for the paper-based test on Dec. 7. The regular registration deadline was Nov. 1, but the late registration deadline isn't till Nov. 22; chances are you'll be informed of your test location between then and Nov. 29, the emergency-registration deadline.

7. WongHF

WongHF Rookie

Nov 2, 2019

I would like to request the selection of the test centers.

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 4, 2019

A list of test areas for paper-based CBEST, and the dates on which each is active, can be accessed from the CBEST page on www.ctcexams.nesinc.com. But it's a list of areas - for instance, Long Beach, or Orange County, or Riverside/Moreno Valley - not specific sites. Cal State campuses are often test sites, but nothing prevents Pearson from renting the spaces it needs from a community college, a UC campus, or even a middle school or high school.

If you have registered for the December test date, you should have been asked to specify your preferred test areas.