CBEST Voucher Code?

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by gradschool92, Nov 8, 2014.

1. gradschool92

gradschool92 Rookie

Nov 8, 2014

Hi all,

Haha, as teachers, some of us may be on budget... so. I was wondering if anyone knows the voucher code for the CBEST exam. I would greatly appreciate it.

All the best.

3. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Nov 8, 2014

I tried googling one when I took it six or seven months ago, but it couldn't find one. Sorry :(

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 8, 2014

I don't know of vouchers for CBEST, except for those given for having participated in a field test.

The cheapest way to take CBEST is as a paper-based test; today was a test date, so the next date is in January 2015.

5. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Nov 9, 2014

Oh yeah, TeacherGroupie is right. I recall last year my school sending out a bulletin that if we participated in some type of field test (I'm assuming it was to roll out some kinks with common core getting implemented into the test), then we got a voucher to use for any of the CTC tests. I forget how much it was for...I want to say $100 or so. So yes, that is how to get one...not sure how to find the field tests, though. Like I said, this opportunity was emailed to me through my school.

6. WarriorPrncss

WarriorPrncss Companion

Nov 12, 2014

I did a field test for the CSET Multiple Subject Math and English about 5 months ago and was given the option of a $75 voucher toward any CTC test or a $50 Barnes and Noble Gift Card.

7. gradschool92

gradschool92 Rookie

Nov 16, 2014

Ahh I see. I have signed up now. Quite pricey for all these tests (CBEST + 4 subtests of CSET English)!

8. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Nov 16, 2014

Trust me, I know! I took CBEST back in April and I'm taking part one of my three CSET multiple subjects on Wednesday...I just hope I pass, or else CTC is going to make even MORE money off me!

9. WarriorPrncss

WarriorPrncss Companion

Nov 18, 2014

I felt the same way. I took all 3 on the Multiple Subject and passed 2. Luckily I had done the field test and only had to pay about $30 to retake the portion I failed. (By 7 points... :| )

Good luck!