CBEST- Scoring

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by Mrs.Stephie, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Mrs.Stephie

Mrs.Stephie New Member

Jun 9, 2020

Hello everyone-

I am retaking the English section of the CBEST on Monday. I have been using The book Cracking The CBEST 3rd edition to study and its the best in my opinion!
    I have been doing practice test. I got a 45/50 and the one I just took today I got a 41/50. I need a 46 to pass the test entirely. Does anyone know how many correct I need in order to get my desired score?

I am so desperate to pass!

Thank you all so much!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 9, 2020

Welcome to A to Z, Mrs.Stephie!

You've asked how many answers you need to get correct in order to get a scaled score of 46 on CBEST's reading comprehension section. That's a complicated question to answer: there are quite a few versions of that section, and questions can and do vary in difficulty from one version to another, so the number of questions required to achieve an exact scaled score of 46 can easily be different in one version than in another.

A related question, and one that is easier to answer, is whether you stand a chance of passing. If your scores of 45/50 and 41/50 came from two different practice tests, if both practice tests are from Cracking the CBEST, and especially if you were taking those practice tests for the first time, I think the likelihood that you will pass is fairly good.

When you get your results, let us know, please.

4. Mrs.Stephie

Mrs.Stephie New Member

Jun 9, 2020

Thank you for the welcome and replying so quickly!

yes, both practice test are from the book.

I hope I am able to pass the test entirely this time around it's been many years since the last time I took it and it haunts me every day.
    I will let you know how I do