CBEST passed

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by Darshan, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Darshan

Darshan Rookie

Jul 12, 2005

Hi, Im about to graduate from UCR with a BA in Soc and a minor in History, and I just passed my CBEST, and I would like to start subbing asap. What do I do now? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3. jenmcc

jenmcc Rookie

Jul 12, 2005

You just need to look at districts around you that are hiring subs. You might want to look on www.edjoin.org. They have all the districts in Ca and you can search for sub jobs on it. Then you need to fill out the application to become a sub and then you will be called if they accepted your application. You will then have to have fingerprints done and go through a training for subs. Then you will be set up in the system to sub. You will be all set up and then can sub. Do you have any friends that are teachers? I would tell them that are your going to signing up to sub so that they can call you to sub.

4. Darshan

Darshan Rookie

Jul 12, 2005

ahh yes good idea. I have "friends of friends" that teach so maybe that will help. Thanks for your help.

5. veg_guy

veg_guy Rookie

Jul 12, 2005

In addition to what JENMCC wrote, I would add that policies really vary by district. You'll need to contact any districts you're intersted in and see what their requirements are.