Catholic Schools

Discussion in 'Private School Teachers' started by lynz1422, Jan 4, 2010.

1. lynz1422

lynz1422 Rookie

Jan 4, 2010

What are some other ways I can help bring the Catholic Doctrine into my kindergarten classrooms?

3. Ellensmom

Ellensmom Companion

Mar 14, 2010

If it is not too late to order for next year, I think Pflaum has a Gospel weekly that might work for K. I think it is called Promise I use one for my 3rd grade class, but I'm not sure how low they go. Basically, they discuss the Sunday readings in a way that is easy for the kids to understand.

They do- here is the link: http://www.pflaumgospelweeklies.com/
    This might help.
    Good luck!

4. purplecrazy21

purplecrazy21 Comrade

Mar 15, 2010

Integrate it through your entire day. I find myself incorporating things we've heard in the Gospel even during math.
    Have the kids act out stories from the bible.
    You can find some fun crafts and coloring pages on the Internet. Catholicmom.com is a good site.
    You should see examples from the Gospel that you can point out to the kids. When you are problem solving with them, Catholic doctrine is really easy to incorporate.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 15, 2010

Prayers at snack

Bible stories

Prayer partners with a higher grade...my K was partners with 6th graders, they would go to church with us, do reading buddies, holiday crafts

Teach the major holidays- it's Lent- make a Lenten tree- tree branches, kids glue paper strips to make crosses- write Lenten promises on the crosses (good deeds, promises, penance...), hang on tree... Make crosses with palm fronds from Palm Sunday, glue pin on back-Kids wear for Easter.

Acts of kindness and giving- food pantry can drive, penny drive for Catholic charities...

6. Mrs.T.

Mrs.T. New Member

Mar 2, 2011

Pop in the chapel for quick visits once in a while. Teach the kids to talk to Christ as if he's their best friend.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 2, 2011

Start class with a prayer. Ask them to remember ___ in their prayers. Say Grace before that snack.

Make prayer a part of what you do in your day to day classroom life.