Catholic Schools Week door decoration ideas

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Charger, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Charger

Charger Companion

Jan 31, 2011

I teach middle school math and science. We have to decorate our doors for our Open House on Wednesday. The theme is A+ for America this year. Any ideas? I've searched online and I can't find anything.

3. tortega

tortega Rookie

Jan 31, 2011

What do you mean by A+ for America? Do you mean like doing your best for your country or being the best in your subject?

4. luvsocr33

luvsocr33 Rookie

Jan 31, 2011

You could decorate your door using the 3 stripes and 3 stars like on the logo. We put it on the big bulletin board in the main hallways and it looks really nice. Or on the door you could use the red white and blue/ flag theme. But on the stars etc, you could put math or science terms or topics you discuss in class. That way people could get an idea of what happens in your class, but still keeps with the theme.

5. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Jan 31, 2011

I'm at a Catholic school also. Could you decorate with a red, white, and blue theme and put the names of alumni (relatives of students if enough) on stars or something? Maybe you could even write what it is the former students are currently doing to touch on the idea of A+ for America. I thought it would be fun to interview former students for a video idea but we ended up going with our school theme (Wanted by God) instead and did a black and white silent movie with a western theme.