Cat in the hat

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teach2read10, Sep 12, 2010.

1. teach2read10

teach2read10 Companion

Sep 12, 2010

I just saw an ad on PBS for a Cat in the Hat show that looks like a Magic School Bus concept. Does anybody know anything about this?

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 12, 2010

I saw the ad the other night.

I know exactly as much as you do :)

4. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Sep 12, 2010

My kids have watched The Cat in the Hat on PBS a couple of times. I thought it was DragonTales at first, because I think some of the voices are the same. I was working in my classroom, and I wasn't paying attention at the time, so I can't tell you anything about what the show is like.

5. MsDeb

MsDeb Comrade

Sep 12, 2010

I checked it out. It looks very cute but it's for younger students. There are videos and activities online.

From PBS:

"The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!™ is designed to spark a love of learning and an interest in science in preschool-aged children. Based on Random House's best-selling Beginner Book collection "The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library™," the TV series and online resources are designed to cultivate positive views about science and scientists among the next generation — the children who will become tomorrow's citizens and innovators — and help teachers and families build communities of science explorers."

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010