Cat driving me nuts again

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Dec 19, 2009.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2009

I feel like I have been posting about him alot lately.

There must be some mice or something in the floor and walls because he is incessantly staring at the walls and floor and just CRYING and then he runs like he is chasing something across the floor, up the wall again. The crying is driving me nuts. And whatever he is chasing is driving him nuts, I am sure. I wish there was something I could do to help him calm down. Maybe I will get out the kitty nip.

3. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 19, 2009

There probably IS something in your walls if your cat is behaving that way. He's sensing something there and is trying to hunt it, but frustrated because he can't get at it. Whatever "it" is, who knows, but if mice or other rodents are a problem in your area, that could be the problem.

This is kind of funny, I just posted on another thread about my crazy cat. She piled up 5 destroyed cat toys, laid down behind the pile and stared at me. I think she's giving me a not so subtle hint that her toys are worn out.

4. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Dec 19, 2009

Your cat sounds like Murry from Mad About You...except Murry was a dog. :)

5. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Dec 20, 2009

Our 4 year old Tabby, Tsunami, does the same thing. Turns out that it was the Christmas tree lights reflecting on the wall that set him off. And don't even get me started on the Christmas tree:woot: He's not named Tsunami for nothing:lol:

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 20, 2009

My cats did that when I lived in Scaryville. Of course there were flying squirrels and mice in my walls.

Our dog Quinn now stares at the ceiling all the time because of the lights.

7. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2009

My children's cat Boo Boo, use to jump on the Christmas trees and he finally tipped one down, one Christmas. It was too funny because he just held on to the tree as it tipped over with that look, "Oh! OH! No dinner for me?!?":crosseyed
    Rebel1

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2009

Interesting - this has started probably around the time the tree went up and he pretty much only does it in the dining room, which is where the tree is. Hmmmmmmm

9. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 20, 2009

In that case, maybe the cat is chasing after the lights, or the reflection of other lights off the ornaments. I skipped a tree this year becaues of the combination of small space and crazy cat. Now before anybody yells at me. We DO have a substitute. We're doing Christmas at my sister's house. All of the kids' stuff is over there, along with a HUGE tree. I just have a small table top tree here.