Carpet for circle time

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissVXT, Aug 15, 2013.

1. MissVXT

MissVXT Rookie

Aug 15, 2013

So, I've been setting up my room. Who knew it'd be so much work?! I have 1st graders and have been looking for a carpet, but am having a hard time finding one within my *limited* budget. I have a lot of brightly colored bedspreads left from my dorm. Would it be, like, totally weird to temporarily (2 weeks MAX) use one of them until I can afford the real thing? I wouldn't leave it down...I would probably spread it out when it was time to use it and fold it back up when we were finished. Not sure what to do...

3. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

Aug 15, 2013

My only concern would be the possibility of students slipping as they get on/off of the blanket

4. littlemiskinder

littlemiskinder Rookie

Aug 15, 2013

I had the same issue the circle time rugs are amazing but SO expensive. I opted for foam mats that piece together (like a puzzle) they are different colors so they look pretty good and you can configure them to any shape you want. If you research online you can find them pretty reasonably. The only downside, they aren't completely durable so if someone walks on them with heels *which happened when my room was used for a workshop* or if the kids pick at them they get damaged.