Carnival Cruise!!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Newto3rd, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jun 7, 2009

I'm getting excited about my Carnival Cruise in a couple of weeks. This will be my 3rd Carnival cruise. We're going to Nassau Bahamas and Key West.

Has anyone taken a cruise?? What did you love? What did you not love so much? Would you go again?

I'll start: I loved being able to dress up to "go out" to dinner every night! And I love the soft comfy comforters on the beds.

3. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2009

I'm going on a Mexican cruise this August. My daughters and I are performing with about 40 other dancers from our studio!!!! I'm super excited! BUT I have to do 2 cartwheels in our dance! What a hoot to see the over 40's do cartwheels!!!

I've been on a Carnival and on an Royal Carribean. I liked the Carnival one better.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 8, 2009

How great! I've been on 3 cruises: Ensanada, Bahamas, & the Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, & Cabo San Lucas). But, I've never cruised on Carnival, but I want to.

With my Bahamas cruise, the cruise line neglected to tell us that the ONLY day we were to be on the island, it was some kind of national holiday, so most of the shops, etc. were closed. :mad::mad::mad:

5. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Jun 8, 2009

I'm not a cruiser but I love key West. I will be there again in a month. I can't wait! Have a great trip! :)

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 8, 2009

I love cruising. (I'm starting to see a pattern. I rave on all the vacation threads!) I've been or 4 or 5.

I love that your vacation starts the moment you board.

I love the feeling of relaxation and luxury that you can't get anywhere but on a cruise.

The food-- indescribable and constant!!

7. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jun 8, 2009

Never been on a cruiuse but I do love Key West

8. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2009

I've been on several - the Caribbean, Alaska, and Mexico. My favorite line is Princess, with Royal Caribbean next, then Carnival, and finally Disney (sorry, Alice!)

I love that you unpack once, your hotel travels with you, and every night they hand you a menu with no prices on it! :lol:

9. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Jun 8, 2009

I have been on two cruises and getting ready for my third one in a couple of weeks. I've only traveled with Carnival and don't want to change. I love the entertainment, the food, the fun excursions, the comfy beds, the atmosphere, just everything! I'm so excited to go, I've already started watching my Love Boat DVD's.

Ms. I - Did you go to the Bahamas last year? I went to Nassau last year ( second week in June I believe) and it was a National Holiday. Almost everything was closed, but we did get to see a really cool parade go through town.

10. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jun 8, 2009

What are some "must do" things in Key West? I've never been, but I'm really excited. I heard that you don't go for the beach because it's not that pretty. And I've heard about some sandals (always spell that word wrong...) that they make there. And to eat some key lime pie. Any advice for Nassau and Key West activities would be appreciated!!:help:

11. Groovy

Groovy Companion

Jun 8, 2009

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Cruise Critic has *everything* you want to know about every cruise line, every port, how to smuggle alcohol, what you need to pack and what you can do without... You'll find a wealth of information here.

4 years ago, my sister and I took the Holiday out of Mobile. It was completely awesome and *very* affordable. I'm planning to take DH to the Caribbean one of these years, if he will stop using his vacation days for fishing trips up north...

Best to you.

12. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 8, 2009

I love going to a nice dinner every evening and having activities to go to. I didn't like only being in port for 8-10 hours. We would have loved to stay in Cozumel for maybe 3 days and then come home. I think our next big vacation might be to Cozumel in fact.

13. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jun 8, 2009

We are going on our 12th cruise on July 4th. Royal Caribbean (ships with a promenade) is our favorite, then Princess, then Holland. Even though we have been on Carnival 3 times, it is not usually our choice (sorry!), but everyone looks for different things on their cruises. We have been all over the Caribbean, Alaska and Canada. Luckily, living in Florida, we are near all the cruise ports.
    My favorite place to go is St. Maarten or anywhere in Alaska. My favorite thing about cruising is being able to do as much or as little as I want. My husband might want to go off and do one thing and I do something else; unpacking once; not having to search for a restaurant and having a ton of options daily. I also dislike the short amount of time spent in a port-that's one reason I haven't been too interested in the Europe cruises. 5 hours in Rome doesn't appeal to me.