"caring" bulletin board ideas?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by HufflePuff, Dec 1, 2008.

1. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Dec 1, 2008

I am thinking of doing a bulletin board about caring, since that is our pillar of character we are studying this month in our school. Any ideas? Would love it to focus on winter! :)

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 1, 2008

Could you do something about caring for those in need in the winter time? Coats or something? Have them write a short story on how they would help the homeless, needy children, or the elderly this winter if money were no object.

4. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Dec 2, 2008

hmmm sounds good. any other ideas?

5. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Dec 2, 2008

Just a thought following the caring for the needy theme...could you make a large tree (or even just branches) and have kids bring in pairs of mittens and some how attach them to "the giving tree"? Then, of course, at the end of the month or at a certain goal you could send them to a shelter...

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 2, 2008

I just did a bb titled From The Heart. Each child was given a large heart shape on tag board to decorate however they wanted. Then they wrote a sentence or two about what kinds of gifts they could give that were from the heart-things like helping around the house, babysitting brothers or sisters for free, cleaning up without complaining, etc.

7. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Dec 4, 2008

hmmm...i like from the heart...but do you think that leans towards xmas too much? i don't even want to touch xmas! lol

keep em comin! :)

8. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 4, 2008

It depends how you approach it. There are more than a few holidays that involve gift giving. And do you really NEED a reason to give a gift from the heart? Isn't that just a way to show you care?

9. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Dec 4, 2008

random thought...something with a quilt. something like "5 - M's caring quilt: each square shows we care: stay warm in the winter". the students would make a square for a quilt writing ways to show they care in the winter time....hmmmm