Care to join my Rum, Tums, and Depression Club???

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rookieABC123, Jun 20, 2008.

1. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 9, 2009

I did that last year at the same job fair, and this was before I asked him for a letter and he told me he couldn't do it...(so I put my mentor down). I had a great interview with the principal of one of the other elementary schools, and never got a call, and I know that he's dragged my name through the mud there and no one is going to call. :(

2. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Mar 9, 2009

WHAT A JERK!!!! Karma will come around and bite him in the end though.

3. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Mar 9, 2009

STG- I am not going to the district job fair here either. Pretty much for the same reason. It wouldn't do me any good. Only two elementaries and I have all ready experienced one. I have applied for the positions at the other school so we shall see. I dont even both putting down my old principal even though she said she would give a reccomendation. I don't rust her any further than I can throw her.

4. smalltowngal

Mar 9, 2009

I hope so. The thing about it, was that he seemed to be the good guy. And he even met with a parent (on a separate issue having to do with zoning lines) and that parent had nothing but great things to say to him about me. The parent wanted me to sit in on the meeting so I could hear it. Oh well, God has a plan for me. I just have to wait it out.

5. smalltowngal

Mar 9, 2009

txmom-the P that was there was forced to retire. She gave me her cell number and said that I could use her as a reference, but I didn't trust her so I never used her. Luckily I had a great mentor teacher that was in my room at least once a week, twice a week when she found out I was pregnant. She really saw my teaching so I use her as my reference and list her as my supervisor and have a letter of recommendation from her.

6. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Mar 9, 2009

Interesting turn of events in my life....

The position I was hired for was supposed to start, in the P's words at my interview, "soon." I was expecting to work last week, this week at the latest. I tried contacting the school and HR to see what was going on, if I could come in to meet with the outgoing teacher, etc., but I couldn't get in touch with the "right" people (in meetings, not in the building, not available, etc). Anyway, today I was called back by HR and was asked if I was interested in a LTS position for kindergarten at that school. Confused, I ask about the first grade position I was hired for. Apparently that job won't start until April (thanks for letting me know sooner... :rolleyes:), but a K teacher needs to go on an emergency leave. This job will be for about 2 or 3 weeks; when it's over, there will be a short gap between the time I finish the K position and the time I start my next job. I'm not the biggest fan of kindergarten (I really prefer grades 3-5), but it's a job, I desperately need the money, it's a new challenge, and it gives me an opportunity to meet with the outgoing first grade teacher.

I start the K position tomorrow.

7. smalltowngal

Mar 9, 2009

Well, I'm sorry that the 1st grade position won't start until April, but I'm glad that you lined up something else until then. And you can handle kinder for 3 weeks.

Good luck!

8. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 9, 2009

That's too bad that the first grade position doesn't start sooner and that they didn't let you know, but it will be good to get into kindergarten in the meantime.