Car Alarms!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ms.irene, Nov 3, 2014.

1. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Nov 3, 2014

I HATE car alarms!!! There is an ugly old minivan parked in the apartment complex next door to my house, and the car alarm seems to go off constantly. :( Last Sunday night it went off at least 5 times in one hour, each time for over a minute at a time. It just went off right now...If it keeps happening, I have half a mind to go over there and say something! Have you ever dealt with annoying car alarms, and how?

3. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Nov 4, 2014

I have no tips, but I hate them too :( I live behind a bowling alley, and car alarms frequently go off at all hours off the night...annoying!

4. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Nov 4, 2014

This will sound silly, but when a car alarm goes off, I start counting the beeps / honks. This way it's not annoying :)

5. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Nov 4, 2014

Linguist, that is a good suggestion! It ended up being only once last night, thank goodness.

It's always old beaters that have these alarms going off all the time, too -- never a nice, new car that someone might actually want to break into!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 4, 2014

Oh man, I would hate that too. Thank God this doesn't happen in my apt complex! Regarding what to actually do about it...don't know. I personally hate confronting people about things like that & never do it myself.

7. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Nov 4, 2014

I hate confronting neighbors too, and almost never do...my last neighbor would chain-smoke and talk loudly on her phone constantly right outside my office window and I just ignored it. I think I need to move out to the country!

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 4, 2014

If you're in an apartment complex then you should speak with the manager and they can speak with the offending party. I'm surprised nobody has complained so far.

9. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Nov 4, 2014

That's a good idea, Teacher...it's not my building but I think the owner of my building knows the owner of next door. I don't like to bother my landlord but if it keeps up I might contact him.