Canva

Discussion in 'General Education' started by otterpop, May 13, 2021.

1. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

May 13, 2021

Who here uses Canva in the classroom?

I’m curious about its educational uses. Is it something you have only students use, or do you use it yourself to create things either personally or professionally?

I’m doing an open ended project right now and a few students asked if they could use Canva to display their work, which I approved. The work that’s been turned in looks decent, I’d say better than PowerPoint or Word, but it could be that they are more familiar with it. It’s something the technology teacher showed them how to use.

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 13, 2021

My students use it to make titles and credits for their films before they get to that point in Adobe software. I use it all the time, to create all kinds of things!

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

May 14, 2021

I used it when I was teaching. Students made infographics for one of the ERWC units. I also use it to make Facebook posts or email attachments. There’s some very nice free content.

5. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

May 14, 2021

The social media idea is a good one. I used ClassDojo in the past to share messages like that and it would be cool to make graphics for announcements.